Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2019

"Stars (Constellations)" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week I have the honor of being the guest host at Sunday Postcard Art and I chose the challenge theme of "Stars."

The dragon in this piece is Draco, a Greek constellation that "represents Ladon, the dragon that guarded the gardens of the Hesperides in Greek mythology."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.10.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

12 comments:

Tom said...

...a delight!

junemac2 said...

Superb creation Anne, Love this and love how unusual it is. Thanks for the fab theme too,
Hugs June x

CJ Kennedy said...

Stars are a recurring motif in some of my dreams. In your creation, I wonder if the stars form the dragon or the dragon forms the stars. Cool thoughts to ponder. Enjoy the day!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice stars and very nice space dragon. I wonder if you watch game of Thrones with the dragons? Or if you just like the dragon to include it. Either way, great postcard. Hugs-Erika

Cindy McMath said...

Stunning example for us Anne! Thanks for hosting - love the theme!

indybev said...


A dragonian look at the solar system. Unique and interesting, Anne!

Deann said...

What a fun challenge and I adore your magical example card.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the dragon constellation as an interpretation of the "stars" theme. There's so much variety in how people use the prompts. I find it inspiring :)

hazel said...

An absolutely fabulous card Anne and a great theme.
xxx Hazel.

Rosie said...

I love your postcard, Anne

-Amy- said...

So interesting to learn Greek mythology! Love it.. Love the stars to.. An interconnection with mythology! Fantastic piece!
So happy to see this
https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/05/stars-is-theme-sundayart.html?m=1

Eileen Bergen said...

I need to do some postcard art. I know a piece is headed my way from a swap buddy ;-) Thank you for this lovely inspiration, Anne. Eileen xx