Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Thursday, May 23, 2019

"Bird Hat Lady" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Three Muses  challenge was "Interesting or Amazing Hats."

Fortunately women's fashion no longer kills birds to put them on women's hats.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.10.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I never could understand hats!

Michele said...

i love her hat and her wistful look. this is beautifully done! xo

CJ Kennedy said...

She almost looks like she can fly.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As much as I like the hat, I LOVE the background and the wistful expression on the lady's face.

Conny said...

Really wonderful!

Hugs,
Conny

Gillena Cox said...

She wears her hat well

Much👩‍🎨👩‍🏭🖤👨‍🚒lovd

Bill said...

I wonder if the hat could withstand a strong wind.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful vintage card with an wonderful expressive lady.
Anja xox

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow Anne! I love a nice hat and the Victorian and Edwardian ladies knew how to wear these to perfection. However I agree that it's good that they don't kill birds to decorate hats any more. Hope your weekend is happy. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Divers and Sundry said...

I noticed this challenge since I'm a big fan of hats :) Your creation is a trip lol I'd replace that bird with flowers and wear that hat tomorrow if I had it.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

She looks such a strong character, with a glance as if she has a cunning plan. Super postcard art I love her expressive hat. Creative wishes Tracey

s.c said...

What moves people to always decorate you with other people's feathers?

Taluula said...

Her hat is lovely but I too am glad we no longer kill birds to decorate them. Love the hat and the background.

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wonderful Anne. Love it!
Greetings Carola

My name is Erika. said...

I like this piece. Have you ever read about birds on hats and how they almost wiped out so many species of birds? It was crazy.Glad it doesn't exist any more. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

indybev said...

Imagine going around with a dead bird on your head! Ah, vanity, thy name is woman! Well done.

Amy said...

Yes good thing they do not kill birds for fashion hats. Yikes!
I wish they did not harm any animals for fashion.
Very pretty and good statement
https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/05/3muses-hat-challenge.html?m=1