Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy Looking At Baseball Field" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are more photos of Teddy from our trip to Aspetuck Park two weeks ago. I made sure this high perch was safe before I allowed Teddy to pose on it. I didn't want another mishap of him tumbling to the ground below.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, and Teddy pointed out there is a glass of orange juice on the table in this magazine photo:

  © All Rights Reserved

It was another week of mixed rain and sunshine. I was thrilled to get my first photograph of a Bald Eagle at the reservoir. I'm hoping it has a nest nearby and will return every year. I also went to the Mark Twain Library in Redding, CT. I didn't learn until I was an adult that Mark Twain spent his final years living at Stormfield in Redding, CT. Prior to that, he had lived in Hartford, CT. I visited the Mark Twain House in 2015, but unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos inside, which was gorgeous.

I created more artwork, including an Automobile, Seaworld Starfish tag and postcard, and I had the honor of being this week's guest host at Sunday Postcard Art, with a theme of Stars. If you like making postcard art sized 4" x 6" / 6" x 4" I hope you can join us this week.

Over the weekend, we watched Guest In The House (1944), Dear Murderer (1947), The Lodger (1944), The Scar (1948), and The Great Gatsby (1974) (DVD).

The Great Gatsby is a wonderful movie, but I hadn't seen it in a long time. When I watched it this time, I realized the main love story plot was similar to that of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte: poor guy loves woman, they are separated for a time, and he returns rich, but she is now married to someone else.

Recently I heard about a non-fiction book that asserted that The Great Gatsby was inspired by the five months in 1920 that F. Scott Fitzgerald and his wife Zelda spent in a rental "cottage" built in 1758 at 244 Compo Road South in Westport, Connecticut, right next to the large estate of a millionaire, whose mansion was on a bay of Long Island Sound. And interestingly, the mansion faces Judy Point, where at least one house was probably located, just like in the movie / book, where Gatsby could see the green light at the end of the dock at Daisy's house across the bay. The mansion still stands, and is now The Inn at Longshore. The property is the Longshore Golf Course. The "cottage" is still at the corner of the vast property. You can read an article about the book claims here.

Speaking of Long Island Sound, a Great White Shark was tracked off the coast of Greenwich, CT yesterday by OCEARCH. This is very unusual, but not unheard of. The shark, named Cabot, tweeted a greeting, but as word spread about the visitor, interested viewers overloaded the OCEARCH website.

Divers and Sundry had a blog post about a science fiction TV show called The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne, which sounded interesting, so I created my own blog post with a link to all of the episodes that I could find, so I can watch them online, and in case anyone else wants to do the same thing. And for fans of the TV series Columbo, I have a link to all of the episodes here.

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy seems to be enjoying himself, I have never sat looking at a baseball field yet, I don't know any over here. You made a lot of art this past week. Interesting information to the Great Gatsby, too. I don't watch many films or TV shows, as I am mostly out and about, especially when the weather is good. Happy T Day, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Teddy is a hero Anne! You can be proud of him!

Happy T Day!


A message from Elizabeth: Elizabeth's power is off. She wants us to know that the TSFT post will be up as soon as she is back online.

Susi

Tom said...

...Teddy sure gets around!

My name is Erika. said...

Oh baseball fields are perfect for T at this time of year. And funny you mention the Great Gatsby. My daughter is at a conference and staying at the hotel where F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote that book. Funny how one idea comes up and then you hear about it from other people too. You have had a good week it sounds. I have done yard work and gone to work so it hasn't been very exciting at all. I hope you have a wonderful T day and enjoy the day. Maybe you are going some place good again. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

I like Teddy and his 7th inning stretch. Fun facts about The Great Gatsby. Parts were filmed at Rosecliff in Newport, RI. After the movie came out, a boyfriend and I went to visit the mansion. I wanted to walk on the grounds where Redford might have walked. <3

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, and Happy T Day!

Meggymay said...

Was Teddy hoping to see a game, he looks very happy with his viewing position.
It sounds like you have had a full and busy week, it was good to see your photo of the Bald Eagle, the wings are an amazing size.
Happy T day wishes Anne.
Yvonne xx

carol l mckenna said...

Oh I adore this post and photos of Teddy ~ so sweet ~ ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Divers and Sundry said...

Teddy looks like a fine companion for outings :)

I've seen The Lodger and Gatsby and have bookmarked the others. Although I could swear I've seen The Scar, I have never written a blog post on it. Gatsby is one of those books that I liked much better than the movie. It's interesting to hear about the history behind the book -and especially if there are related places that can be seen in person.

I headed over to Twitter just now to follow Cabot. Because how could I _not_! lol Thanks for that. Thanks also for the hat tip on the Jules Verne series. Columbo is priceless.

Happy T Tuesday!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stopped by to let you know the T Tuesday post is now live. As soon as I notify everyone and make a pot of much needed coffee, I will be back by to share a drink with you. Hope to see you at TSFT.

Kate Yetter said...

It's been a while since I watched the Great Gatsby. I guess I will have to watch that again soon.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bill said...

Teddy shouts from, "play ball". :)

kathyinozarks said...

Teddy always makes me smile-sounds like a nice week! Happy T wishes Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy always has so much fun! It sounds like you've had a busy week and you've watched some great films too 😀. Wishing you a happy T Day! Jo x

Eileen Bergen said...

Teddy is always a delight ... and so is some of the art your links went to. You've been quite busy! We haven't watched The Great Gatsby in a long time. I think we're overdue ;-)

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Linda Kunsman said...

Teddy looks very ready for a game:):) I've always wanted to see Mark Twain's house in CT. Being repetitive, but again, I have seen the movies you mentioned! Very interesting about the Great Gatsby. All I really know of Jules Verne is that my son loved his books as a kiddo. Happy T day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Teddy got a good view there! I have seen both versions of The Great Gatsby and much preferred the first one with Robert Redford! Have a great week! Happy T Day! Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like Teddy gets around despite the bad weather you've been having. He also has a super incredible eye. I had to enlarge the photo to see the juice.

I love Columbo and have seen every show at least a dozen times. He's great. "Just one more thing. . . ."

Thanks for sharing Teddy's antics and his great eye for T this Tuesday, dear Anne.

johanna said...

i clicked through all your artwork - awesome!! and i´m sure you are taking good care of teddy;) have a nice week!