Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Possible Bald Eagle - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This is 1 of 2 posts of photographs that I took at the reservoir in Easton, CT this past week.

Is this my first photograph of a Bald Eagle?!

Bald Eagles are rare in Connecticut, but they are slowly making a come back.

I spotted this bird high in the sky above the reservoir, and saw a white tail distinctly. I also thought I saw a white head, but then he flew out of range. He was circling rapidly, so it was hard to zoom in on him, but I managed to get this one photo. I would love to get feedback from everyone. I think this is definitely a Bald Eagle, which makes it the first photograph I've ever gotten of one, which is thrilling beyond words! What does everyone else think: Bald Eagle, or no?

If it is a Bald Eagle, the even better news is because it is now May (i.e. not Winter anymore), this bird might have a nest nearby, which also means it will probably return each year to this site to nest.

In Feb 2009, a Bald Eagle pair was filmed at this same location, out on the ice:

Bald Eagles at Reservoir Easton, CT, Feb 2009

A news article said that in Jan 2014, a Bald Eagle was feeding on a dead deer on the ice in Monroe, CT, which is a few miles Northeast of this location:

Coyote & Bald Eagle Share Venison, Monroe, CT, Jan 2014

The first photo is my entry for the following:

Wild Bird Wednesday

14 comments:

Sharon Wagner said...

Definitely an eagle!

R's Rue said...

Love

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like an eagle to me.

Stewart M said...

Great find - I am no expert on American birds, but it looks like a BE to me - colours, size, etc all match the book I have!

Splendid!

SM

Electra said...

It's a great photo, whatever it is!!

Anonymous said...

Anne, as a member of the Bald Eagle Study Group, an Eagle nest monitor with CT DEEP/Div of Wildlfe, and a TLGV Ranger, I can tell you that is an adult Bald Eagle. Nice work! Feel free to drop by my blog...search word EAGLES...:)JP

craftytrog said...

Absolutely amazing photo Anne!
Alison xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Great photos, definitely looks like an eagle. Hope you see it again. Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Definitely bald eagle. I can tell just by the feathers on the tips of the wings. Beautiful and lucky you to get that photo. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't seem to catch up on your posts and your art. This is a beautiful photo and looks like an eagle to me.

Bill said...

Nice shot, you caught some good ones of the bird in flight. It does look like an eagle to me.

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes, bald eagle! We don't see them in town (in Memphis), but they're sometimes spotted downtown on the river. I'm impressed at how good and clear your photo is. My cell phone is convenient but no use for shots like these.

betty-NZ said...

It sure looks like a bald eagle, so congrats! It's always fun to find new subjects for your camera.

Jeanne said...

Wow awesome wingspan what a beautiful majestic eagle photo :-)