Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Bench" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Last week a few people left comments expressing concern for Teddy's safety, with him posing precariously on the bridge over the water, and it turns out they were right. Shortly after that outing, Teddy accompanied me when I went to Southport Park, where the above photos of him were taken. Teddy wanted to pose on the inside railing post of the rope bridge fort, but it turned out to be an unwise idea. When I walked back across the bridge and turned to photograph him, he tumbled off the railing onto the ground below. Needless to say, both of us were very upset by his mishap. However, I realized it could have been a lot worse, had he fallen into the flowing water during our previous adventure, so both he and I agreed no more daring photo shoots.

I made a tarot themed piece for this week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge (Chair), and CJ kindly mentioned that it could count as my ticket into this week's T-gathering (because of the cup).

King of Cups Tarot

I've been doing better with my creative side, and made an Arabian Nights tag, Merhorse postcards (like a mermaid, but a horse), and a Rocking Horse postcard (which Elizabeth liked).

I also got some nice photographs of birds, flowers, and an old cemetery.

It rained or was overcast almost every day for the past week.

Over the weekend, we watched The Limping Man (1953)The Man Who Cheated Himself (1950), Strange Impersonation (1946), Lured (1947), The Death Kiss (1932), Death in Small Doses (1957), and Moonrise (1948).

Some of the movies were good, but others were just okay. Two featured Lloyd Bridges, and one featured Lucille Ball.

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You have got a lot done this week, and made some nice art. Poor teddy, hope he wasn't hurt falling down like that. At least he is sitting safely today. Your tarot card is so small that I can't see it, but I'll have to believe you. Happy T Day, Valerie

johanna said...

and what a sunny bench he found today:)) happy t-day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Woodlands are always nice places for outings, and safe photo ops can be had ;) I like this shot :)

Moonrise is the only one of these I've seen, and I have a post scheduled for it. I'm saving the others in my bookmarks. Thanks for the links :) I have separate bookmark folders for films online organized by genre and nationality lol So many movies!

Happy T Tuesday

kathyinozarks said...

ah poor Teddy-glad you were able to rescue him. sounds like you have been busy busy this week-hugs Happy T wishes Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

Glad Teddy recovered from his tumble, hope he is fully recovered! I enjoyed walking with you and Teddy today, it looks like a beautiful place to visit 😀. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊 x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies. I'm leaving this message for everyone. I had to take my friend Sally to the emergency room Monday afternoon. I stayed with her until the ER doctors ran several tests, then admitted her to the hospital. When I got home, I found my basement was flooded from the many rounds of rain we are having. I'm still getting water out because I have no sump pump. I'll be back by to share T just as soon as I have the water under control, because I don't want mold to set in. For those of you who may not know, Twin Peaks is a sports bar that specializes in busty young, scantily clad female servers.

Kate Yetter said...

Poor teddy. Thankfully he is soft and fluffy and that must have helped cushion his fall.
Lucille ball is a great actress. I always loved her shows.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Meggymay said...

I am pleased to see Teddy sitting on a bench after his last adventures . The photos are lovely. and it sounds like you have been busy this past week.
Have a safe week Teddy.
Happy T day wishes to you Anne
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

It's been a busy week. k

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I am so glad you decided to keep Teddy safe. I can picture him floating down the babbling spring stream and it is not a pretty picture. Sounds like you had a good week, and hopefully with some sun this week we will all feel perkier and more ambitious. (smile.) I am late stopping by as I had to decorate a cake last night for a work baby shower today, so I am hoping it was a great T day and you had some sun! Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

I had visions of Teddy floating down that babbling spring stream, and they were not pretty. Glad he was safe. Hope it was a happy T day and you had some sun. I started a comment last night, as you can see, got distracted by a phone call and then forgot I had even started it. I had a cake I needed to decorate for a baby shower, and blogger published something I didn't finish, which was weird. Hope it was a great T day and you had some sun. Hugs-Erika

Eileen Bergen said...

Phew, I'm glad to hear Teddy is okay and won't be going zip-lining or hang gliding in the future, Anne. Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Lisca said...

Poor Teddy! From now on: 'Must be more careful'.
I see you have been crafting a bit more. Has mr Mojo shown his face? Wonderful.
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, my goodness! I am glad Teddy is ok! I certainly enjoy all of his adventures and posing. I hope you both had a great Tea Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

SO glad Teddy is safe. He looks really comfy on the bench and no fear of falling into the stream, either.

CJ was wise to suggest the King of Cups. It makes a great entry for T this week, Anne.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! What a shock Teddy must have had! At least he's found a sunny and safe spot this time! The blue sky behind the trees looks wonderful! We have had a lot of grey days this week, which makes our flat feel cold and look gloomy! Sunshine is promised soon so I will look forward to that! Belayed Happy T day! Chrisx

Mascha said...

The big adventures of a teddybear!
We will take out our bears on this weekend again, when the rain is over... and the big bear will return to my sweetheart again, he is only a visitor here.
Greetings from Zebedäus and Masha

(What's the name of your bear?)