Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2019

"The Sun - Sunrise" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week I have the honor of being the guest host at Sunday Postcard Art and I chose the theme of "The Sun."

I hope everyone has fun with the theme. I can't wait to see what everyone creates. I'll be by to visit everyone during the week.

For my piece, I started with the woman wearing the sunrise dress, and then created the scene around her. I added the sun / moon / fan couple but modified the colors to be more yellow. The dark blue border matched the color of the moon, and the smaller flowers within it reminded me of stars, so I used it as my symbolic night sky which was fading at dawn. I added the radiating sun spokes in the background, to line up with the sun on her dress and enhance the appearance of the rising sun.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.8.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

14 comments:

Anni said...

Very creative, and beautiful! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

katrin said...

Great sample Anne! Reminds me on the song: "Lady Subnshine and Mr. Moon" (sung by Connie Froboess & Peter Alexande in the 1950th in Germany). Great playing

craftytrog said...

This is beautiful Anne! xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful. Like she's a sun goddess and the sun rises as she walks across the sky.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations at being the guest host this week for SPA. My dear friend Cindy always participates, so I was delighted to see this beautiful postcard you created. It is a great digital entry and I adore it.

Mandy Chilvers said...

this is so glorious. i love your style Anne... so Medieval :-) thanks for choosing such a great theme

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I do love this and the warm yellow sun. It really a fabulous piece. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...thanks for sharing this sunny creation.

indybev said...


What a wonderful card, and such a blessed feeling of warmth on this cold day when it's snowing in my world! Thanks for a great challenge!

Cindy McMath said...

This is absolutely stunning Anne - a great piece to inspire us! Thanks so much for hosting.

Deann said...

Your sample postcard is glorious and it was a fun challenge too thanks.

chrissie said...

A very beautiful postcard Anne with so many ideas to admire and inspire

chrissie x

peppylady (Dora) said...

Love the lady in your post card.
Coffee is on

Lori Saul said...

A glorious and sophisticated card Anne - a great theme too- thank you!