Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And Christmas Cactus" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

Teddy is posing with the new Christmas Cactus plant I got. (At some point, I'll be posting photos of the one I got last year, and this one again, by itself.)

I want to thank everyone who left positive comments last week, in response to my covid-19 black cloud post last week. I really appreciated it. Now I'm trying not to dwell on the ongoing negative situation, but I still find some of the news stories troubling.

Teddy and I visited a few beaches last week, and enjoyed seeing the power of Mother Nature in the waves.

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved

While those who are used to ocean waves might look at those photos and think, "That's nothing," this is actually Long Island Sound, not the ocean. The wave heights here are normally minimal and relatively tranquil. But the previous day's storm was still affecting the area.

With regard to the above photos, Teddy said he was nearly swept out to sea, due to the roiling water. He said that I was too busy taking photos and not paying attention to his imminent danger. I asked Teddy how that was even possible, when he had refused to get out of the car at every stop we made, saying it was too windy and would mess up his freshly coiffed fur. Teddy said that's not how he remembers it, and walked away.

Despite the rainfall, we continue to have drought conditions here in Connecticut. (United States Drought Monitor - Connecticut)

17 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful bloom on your Christmas plant, I loved seeing your water photos-something about the waves they can be mesmorizing Happy T wishes Kathy

Mary said...

The new Christmas cactus is lovely and Teddy seems to be enjoying it. The news about Covid-19 is troubling but there is hope with people reaching out to each other safely and the vaccine getting closer. We are lucky that we have technology to keep us together. I feel that the ocean is still the ocean, no matter how small a piece of it or how large.

Tom said...

...Teddy, you have a green thumb.

DVArtist said...

I think your photos are wonderful. Have a nice day.

My name is Erika. said...

Your Christmas cactus looks amazing. And nice holiday mug. No snow showers here today, although I heard we could get them. We still like winter! Pete and I went to the grocery store this morning, as Maddie is once again at daycare. Poor Pete though. Being a dog he doesn't get why he can't go and he misses Maddie a lot. I try to do something with him, so maybe he is the lucky one because of that. Smile. Have a great T day and hopefully we'll warm up just a tad more. I am ready for some melt. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy handsome as ever with the Christmas cactus. I almost bought one, but thought I would kill it. I like Teddy's mug, too, very festive. From the jetty, it looks like the tide was pretty low to be swept out to sea. Nice try, Teddy. Stay warm and Happy T Day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Lovely color on your Christmas cactus blooms, and I'm quite taken with Teddy's mug.

I had a moody day yesterday :( getting a package ready to mail for someone I've seen every Christmas Day since forever :( These days can't be over fast enough to suit me.

Happy T Tuesday!

Bill said...

Glad to see Teddy is in the festive mood. Our Christmas cactus is about to blossom any day now. I got a small piece of it a few years ago from the street. They were selling plants and when I walked by I noticed the little piece laying on the ground, brought it home and put it in water. It took a long time but then it came to life again. Now it's going crazy. I love that plant and yours looks great too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy looks really happy with his mug and your new Christmas cactus. It's a beautiful plant and your vignette is so cleverly put together.

We all get down on occasion, Anne. I have to keep after myself from feeling covid depression. I have my art and my blog that help, but some days, I also hope for more.

You took some beautiful photos of the waves. I am sure these were quite high and I am glad Teddy didn't get washed away (even if he DID stay in the car). Thanks for sharing your photos and Teddy with his mug and Christmas cactus with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

Linda Kunsman said...

what a beautiful color your Christmas cactus blooms are. I hope it thrives that you can enjoy its blooms year after year.
And thank you for sharing the lovely water views from your walk. Oh how I would love to live by the water....
happy T day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely photos, Teddy looks good with the Christmas cactus! Happy T Day!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Anne, I think Teddy is a KEEPER. He seems to life your spirits and that's what matters most, so let him stay in the car to avoid being blown around or swept away. Mother Nature helps a lot...trust me...:)jp

LA Paylor said...

your ocean theme is powerful. Cleansing, dependable, strong, steadfast yet moving and changing. Love.

Kate Yetter said...

The blooms on your cactus are so pretty. I have two large Thanksgiving cactus and they haven't bloomed in two years.
Lovely pictures of the ocean!
I am glad that things are looking up for you.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Eileen Bergen said...

At first look, I thought you had dyed teddy's "hair" pink for the holidays. lol. Then I realized it's the reflection of the pink things around him. Great photo. Please tell him he's very photogenic. Oh, maybe better not. We don't want his head to swell any bigger.

The cactus is beautiful. Gorgeous photos of the foamy waves! How funny that you ended your tale with "his freshly coiffed fur."

Happy T-day! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful views and great to see teddy again xXx

Lisca said...

Your Christmas cactus is beautiful! Absolutely lovely!
I loved seeing the photos of the 'ocean'. It must be lovely to go and blow the cobwebs and get some fresh air.
Teddy is his usual self , it's good you keep an eye on him.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca