Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy Looking At Water And Magic Cookie Bars" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

This past week, Teddy enjoyed some water views from a high cliff edge. Because I was a little nervous about having him so close to the edge, I forgot to include his soda with him. (And for the record, there was a space in front of him, where I stood, but I was still uneasy having him pose there. As JP commented last week, Teddy is a "keeper" so I was leery of this photo shoot location.)

Later in the week, Teddy reminded me that I forgot to put the Christmas tablecloth in the kitchen, so he volunteered to pose with my his mug and the Magic Cookie Bars that he claims he made.

With Christmas less than two weeks away, I'm still feeling a general sense of worry due to the covid-19 cloud that is hanging over everything. The only time I seem to find peace within myself is when I go walking in the woods.

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved

But those trails will soon be white. A Nor'easter is heading for New England, with 8" to 12" (20.32 cm to 30.48 cm) 10" to 14" (25.4 cm to 35.56 cm) of snow forecast for my area of Connecticut Wednesday into Thursday. (And the forecast may change, as the storm gets closer.)

We also continue to have drought conditions here in Connecticut.  (United States Drought Monitor - Connecticut)

18 comments:

Mae Travels said...

It's getting very cold here in Michigan too. Down the block from us, Kathy's bear woke up briefly for some gingerbread-men, but is again hibernating under his tree. Interesting that Teddy is still awake.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jackie McGuinness said...

We still don't have any snow! Would like a dusting just for photos of the decorations, other than that, I could care less.
A quiet Christmas here, just the two of us, complying with government guidelines to stay home.

Valerie-Jael said...

I think Teddy will enjoy his Christmas more than some of us, it just somehow feels strange this year. Happy T Day, stay safe, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy had stunning views and I like the quilt your sister made for him. That will make sitting on rocks more comfortable. I like that mug and the Magic Cookie bars look delicious no matter who baked them. I’m not looking forward to the blanket of snow coming. My area was just added to the storm watch with an 8 - 12 in range. I’m still hoping this storm goes south and out to sea.

kathyinozarks said...

Teddy has chosen a perfect spot. I always loved walking-hiking in our woods we lived on 300 acres-but then the cougars and the small bears moved in-ah not so much anymore haha but I loved being in the woods-felt like a pioneer for sure.
Lovely views, the woods always gave me peace too hugs Happy T Kathy

DVArtist said...

Wow these are lovely photos. Teddy has a great view. Enjoy your day.

Iris Flavia said...

Teddy iy the very cutest, and observant one, he has an eye on it all, good boy!

On you comment in my place on Thalidomide (thank you). Wee. Yes, it ... I wish we could talk about it in real life.
I´d like to know more...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you were in the woods to keep Teddy safe, Anne. It's a lovely spot. I also like that Teddy is sharing his Magic Cookie Bars with us, too. He is definitely a very caring and sharing bear. Thanks to Teddy for being the spokesbear this week and his lovely mug and cookie bars, too.

I was taken by your comment on the virus you left on my blog. First, I don't believe in being FORCED to take a vaccine we still know so little about. Second, as I pointed out on my blog, it is MY belief we need more data in order to make a truly informed decision. Pregnant women and children were not included in the Phase 3 trials, so we have no idea about them and their unborn fetuses. I knew about the two people in the UK getting sick, and the ones who developed Bell's palsy, but didn't know about the H1N1 vaccine. I plan to study the data before I allow the vaccine in my arm.

Did you know that Johnson & Johnson, also in the running for the vaccine distribution, use FLU antigens as the basis for their vaccine? Their Phase 3 trial won't be complete until February, but their vaccine only requires ONE dose, not two like others. Again, I definitely plan to study all the data that is being offered now and will be offered next year. I believe only time will tell if it's for me or not. BTW, nine other companies are in Phase 3 trials at the moment and a ton are in either Phase 1 or 2. Soon, there could be a glut of vaccines on the market, all using different viruses from DNA based to RNA based to Replicating or Non-replicating Viral Vectors to live attenuated virus to inactivated virus and so on.

Divers and Sundry said...

That's a lovely view, and I understand the irresistible attraction. I'm sure you were both taking the care required to safely avoid that edge :)

The snow storm sounds scary to me, even though I say I like snow. We just don't get anything like that down here.

I understand your covid feelings. It's nice you have such a peaceful location to renew. I find peace in my bird-watching on the patio and sitting by our Christmas tree. I'll be sooo glad when the worst of all this is behind us.

Happy T Tuesday!

Lisca said...

Other people have mentioned the snow too. It sounds serious, so I hope you will be alright and that you don't have to travel anywhere. (I don't know if you have to go to work, I hope not)
Tell Teddy that he is very brave to pose so close to the water and that I think the magic cookie bars he made look delicious.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Mary said...

That is quite the cliff Teddy has chosen to view the water below. I hope he listened to you about being careful. Those magic cookie bars look great - one of my favorites!

We might get 12" to 17" of snow here and I am hoping it will be the smaller amount. I made butternut squash soup today and I have Swiss Miss hot chocolate too, for warm treats after snow shoveling. It is good to hear the Covid-19 vaccine is on the way and that means hope is on the horizon.

Linda Kunsman said...

I especially love that first photo of Teddy looking at the water. What a beautiful and peaceful area to walk! Now we are expected to get up to 18" of snow as they increased the amount again:(:(
Stay warm, and happy T day!

Eileen Bergen said...

Teddy looks very content looking at the lake view. I guess with big snow headed your way, you won't have your calming walks in the woods for a while. I hope you can find a replacement. Cabin fever is real. I know from living in NJ and WI.

Happy T-day! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy has a beautiful view looking out over the water and those cookies looks yummy too, I hope he doesn't eat them all...hee, hee 😀. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Karen said...

The woods look beautiful ~ Enjoy the peace! ~ Blessings and well wishes

My name is Erika. said...

I think trail walking is going to end for awhile after tomorrow night. At first they said we wouldn't have much, and then today that all changed. Your magic cookie bars looks yummy. I may have to make some now. Hope it was a great T day and stay safe in the snow tomorrow night. hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

Magic cookie bars, I am going to have to check those out. The woods look lovely and serene. I bet it is the perfect place to feel contemplative.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! Don't let Teddy take a tumble! Very kind of him to pose for you! I thought I might make some magic Cookies but I must sadly avoid condensed milk - my sugar levels would be sure to rise!
I can see how you find peace in that wood!
We have abandoned all thoughts of seeing family any other way than on line!
We went to a shopping mall just after they opened today! We left within an hour (we were armed with lists) and by that time we saw people walking close to others, going against the one way system and lots not using the hand sanitisers that were at the entrances to all shops! No one is challenging them!
I hope that we get called for the vaccine soon after Christmas..but we'll see, I think we're a way down the queue!
Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx