Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And Christmas" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

This past week, photos of my Christmas decorations and ornaments have been popping out as scheduled blog posts, and I haven't been too active online. As Christmas nears, this particular year has reminded me of what is most important in this life: having loved ones (including my beloved cat) is such a precious gift that I've sometimes taken for granted.

And certain lyrics from Christmas songs took on deeper meanings for me years (decades?) before the current situation with covid-19 arose:

Through the years we all will be together
If the fates allow

I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams


Through the years, some of my loved ones have died, so we all can no longer be together. And my Mother told me the second set of lyrics above related to the soldiers during WWII, who could not be home for Christmas.

Regardless of one's religion, perhaps the world would be a better place if we all did some self-reflection.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Judge not others, lest ye be judged.


I've turned a critical eye on myself, and found myself wanting, in many areas. And frequently lately, a line from a movie comes to my mind, about myself, for many things I do (or don't do): "And that is why you fail."

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Christmas brings home many memories, both of our parents are passed now, we have no children so we are pretty much always alone.
I make and bake favorite foods to bring our holiday together.
Happy T and Merry Christmas

Divers and Sundry said...

A touching reflection. I cry every time I hear that song and have ever since Daddy died. I knew the history of the song, but that death brought it all home for me. The Yoda quote is inspiring. Happy T Tuesday :)

Eileen Bergen said...

What a festive posing of Teddy for Christmas. He looks very happy - probably waiting for Santa Claus.

I find myself wanting in many ways too. I think we keep learning and trying to do better until the very end. At least, that's the way I try to live. I ask people to be patient with me; because God's not finished with me yet.

Happy T-day and Merry Christmas! Hugs, Eileen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy looks a bit pensive as he sits with his mug and candle. I have been reflecting, too. Maybe it's because I've been in lockdown so long, or maybe I'm just depressed, but your words really spoke to me. Merry Christmas, dear Anne and Teddy, too. Thanks for sharing with us for T this Tuesday.

Karen said...

Yes ~ I thought of that line "if the fates allow" this year as well. Blessings and well wishes to you ~ Love, Karen

Let's Art Journal said...

Such heartfelt words and memories! Teddy looks very happy with that lovely mug and candle, he must be ready for Christmas 😀. Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Kate Yetter said...

So true. We are all wanting because we are imperfect people in a sinful world. But I like what Eileen said, God is not finished with me yet. Self reflection can be discouraging at times but thank goodness God hasn't given up on me yet.

As I get older, I find myself listening to the words of the Christmas songs I have heard time and time again, hearing it in a whole new way. Funny how that happens.

I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with the people that you love.

Happy Tea Day and Merry Christmas,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Sounds like you have had some self-reflection time lately. It is important to self-reflect, isn't it? I have been doing some lately too. I think it is being home more and life being so different with covid. I like Teddy and his mug, and probably smart you didn't light the candle. It wouldn't be good for him to get his paw singed. I hope you had a wonderful T day and have a fabulous holiday too. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet Teddy looks so festive. I like the song "Bless Us All" from the Muppets Christmas Carol. "Life is full of sweet surprises. Every day's a gift" Don't be so hard on yourself. Each day is a new beginning. Though we are all lacking, each day give us a new chance to improve. You only fail, if you don't learn and grow. Happy T Day

Mary said...

Very thoughtful reflections. Christmas is a time that stirs up memories and makes us thankful for the life we have and the people in our lives. My favorite movie this time of year is The Muppets Christmas Carol with the ghosts of past, present, and future visiting Ebenezer Scrooge. The message that comes to mind is something I heard at a Christmas Eve midnight mass years ago...
No matter the past
No matter the present
The future can be different
There is always
the possibility
for change.

Mary said...

I forgot to mention how festive Teddy looks with the Christmas candle, cup, and placemat. And I am so glad you have your beloved cat for a faithful companion. We can't have a family gathering this Christmas, but there will be celebrations in 2021.

DVArtist said...

Happy T day and a nice display. Have a wonderful day.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Yes...work in progress certainly! I think this year has helped me reflect on what is important and there are definitely things I need to work on! Although we will miss being with family this Christmas hubby and I are happy in each other's company and the time will come to get together soon enough!
Take care and enjoy your Christmas! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Sharon Madson said...

Ann, I finally made it back to the tea party. It was so nice of you to check in on me, and to know I was missed. :) Lovely post. I wish I could sit with Teddy and have tea.
Merry Christmas to you both!