Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And Advent Calendar For Cats" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

Teddy is posing under my Christmas Tree, with the Advent Calendar For Cats that my sister gave my cat as a Christmas present. That was very thoughtful and kind of her to do.

With the holidays upon us (Thanksgiving Day was this past Thursday here in the United States), covid-19 now feels like a black cloud hovering over everything. This past Sunday was the first Sunday of Advent. On Friday, I put up my artificial Christmas Tree and decorations, which is the earliest I've ever done that. I normally wait until December. But despite all of the festive decorations around the room and ornaments on the tree, it didn't help my spirits much.

Prior to Thanksgiving, Teddy and I went out for a few walks in the woods, including one at Gallows Hill Natural Area in Redding, CT. During our walk there, Teddy turned to me and said, "I see dead people." Despite knowing he was quoting a movie, I took the bait and asked him what he saw. Teddy said he saw a ghost in a Redcoat uniform, at the top of the hill we were on. When we returned home, I looked up the information about the trail, and informed Teddy of the following: 1) We were not on "The Noose" trail, where the Revolutionary War hanging had taken place on the hill top, we were on "The Drummer" trail, and 2) The man who was hanged was a Patriot, who would have worn a Blue uniform and who was hanged as a spy, for helping the Redcoats (British). Teddy then muttered something about he suffers from a rare form of color blindness, that comes and goes, which causes him to see red instead of blue, and that ghosts can roam about wherever they want, not just where they were hanged.

© All Rights Reserved

Going out walking in the woods provides me with a brief reprieve from what I am now calling my Covid-19 Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). Except "fatigue" isn't a strong enough term to describe my emotions right now. I am worn down due to the ongoing stress of covid-19 lurking.

16 comments:

Tom said...

...things are beginning to look festive.

CJ Kennedy said...

How fun for kitty to have a countdown treat to Christmas. Ink loved fish/seafood, but he was allergic to it. Go figure. Teddy is such a cheeky, little fellow. Intermittent color blindness 😺 I love how he has an answer for everything. This is a tough time of the year with it getting dark so early, toss in the pandemic and Covid numbers rising, it’s enough to make everyone melancholy. But this month, only a couple of weeks away is the Winter Solstice. The news about the vaccines is promising. So to quote the 11th Doctor from “Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol” , “Halfway out of the Dark.”

My name is Erika. said...

I saw those cat advent calendars at Trader Joe's. I have one for each of the dogs, but right now they are behind a stack of decoration boxes that need to get put away. Think that is my morning project. And it looks like your tree is up. I'm excited for the Christmas holidays this year, even though they will be different, at least there is the lights and everything else. Hope you have great new month and T day. Is it warm this morning in CT? Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Maybe I’ll join you in calling my present mood “covid fatigue.” I think it’s also due to the winter weather and darkness setting in. The other day the sun was shining and it seemed like a different world.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

How thoughtful the gift of the cats advent calendar-very sweet.
back in the small town where our woods house is there are allot of civil war stories there and one is similiar to yours. Missouri was very very divided to keep slavery out of the state back then.
I put my little christmas tree up early too this year to bring some happiness and memories
Happy T hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a good week. I LOVE the idea of an advent calendar for cats, but perhaps someone should invent one for Teddies, they have feelings, too! Happy T day, Valerie

Kate Yetter said...

I completely agree with you. With everything going on in the world right now, there is a darkness that has covered us. I have found that I need to put my focus on things other than the despair that is so abundant right now. Focusing on the positives because there are so many has helped me from my bad moods (and I have had a lot). I had to get off social media and the news because lets face it, they don't always report the truth or the positives. I will be praying that you are able to find some relief emotionally during this difficult time.
Beautiful photos from your walk.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Linda Kunsman said...

Cute Advent calendar. Never had one, never tried to make one either...
A walk in the woods- or anywhere outdoors in nature is definitely a good thing and mood booster especially during these times. Keep well, and happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Anne. Teddy looks as forlorn today as you feel. I am sorry you are not in the Christmas spirit, but I am sure you will get that way as you get closer to Christmas. Thanks go to Teddy for at least trying, and to your sister for that Advent Calendar for your cat, who I hope is well now.

Seems Teddy had a lot to offer this week, including being colorblind at times. I think maybe he needs a bit of loving. Thanks for sharing Teddy, your tree, Teddy's mug, your walks, and your cat's Advent Calendar with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

Let's Art Journal said...

How lovely to see Teddy under the Christmas tree! That was so thoughtful of your sister, I'm sure that your cat will love getting a treat each day - perfect 😀. Your walk looks beautiful too. Sending you happy wishes to raise your spirits and wishing you a lovely T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm crazy about Teddy's mug! And I agree with him that those ghosts come and go where and when they will. It's the spirit of the thing ;)

Happy T Tuesday!

DVArtist said...

Covid fatigue for sure. I like that you are treating your cats, that is a different way to build up to christmas. We have sun right now and it feels so good to see something other than grey. Have a very nice day today.

Mary said...

Teddy looks very festive under the tree posing with the Advent Calendar for Cats! It is nice to get out the Christmas decorations a little early this year. I set up my small tree and a few decorations yesterday. I can't go out to a garden center to get a pine wreath, so I am making a small quilt with Christmas fabric to hang on my front door.

Bill said...

An Advent calendar for cats, how cute. The cat must love it, does Teddy gat a turn at opening a door too? :)

Eileen Bergen said...

You and Teddy are quite a pair. I enjoy reading about your adventures.

The vaccines are very close. That would be a nice Christmas present, wouldn't it? Christmas decorations, movies and music always pick up my spirits. I'm sorry you're so down and hope we'll turn the corner very soon.

Happy T-day! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Anne, I am so sorry to hear that your are experiencing such emotions about COVID. Try to focus on al that is WONDERFUL AND ALIVE AROUND YOU!...:)jp