Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Friday, December 25, 2020

Cat Looking - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took that photograph of my cat this past week. He is fully recovered from the major surgery that he had back in June 2020. On today, Christmas day, this particular year has reminded me of what is most important in this life: having loved ones (including my beloved cat) is such a precious gift that I've sometimes taken for granted. I have also taken stock of myself, and found myself wanting, in many areas. And frequently lately, a line from a movie comes to my mind, about myself, for many things I do (or don't do): "And that is why you fail."

8 comments:

Mary said...

Your cat looks like he is getting ready to pounce on a mouse! Have fun with your furry little companion over the holidays.

We all have shortcomings and that is what makes us human. I am not a big Brene Brown fan, but her book The Gifts of Imperfection makes some valid points. Perfection is an impossible goal. You are loved just for who you are. Merry Christmas!

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the pensive pose of your sweet and handsome boy. You only fail if you don't try and don't learn and grow from mistakes. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and you weathered the storm without losing electricity.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Merry Christmas Anne! What a beautiful baby!!..:)jp

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you shared your cat and let us know all is well in your world. I am sorry I'm late visiting. To be honest, on Thursday evening, "it" finally got to me. I simply shut down. I was not ready to celebrate or even visit my dear blogging friends. It was just too painful and I felt SO isolated and totally alone. I hope you understand why I haven't been by sooner to visit. Belated Merry Christmas, dear Anne.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Iris Flavia said...

What happened next with your cat?
Yes, good quote!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see kitty looking so well, he seems to have a plan in mind. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

Tom said...

...deep in thought.