Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy On Fallen Tree" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

Teddy is posing on that fallen tree using the lovely Teddy Bear Picnic Blanket that my sister made for us to use when we're out and about. Teddy said the fallen trees blocking several of the paths on this trail that led to a reservoir lookout reminded him of all of the work that "he" had to do back in August, chainsawing the trees that had fallen in my yard. I told Teddy our recollections of who did all of the work back then differ.

We've been having slightly warmer than normal temperatures for about a week or so, and Teddy and I have taken advantage of it, by going out on walking trails. However, as a word of warning, if anyone ever gets a chance to go hiking with Teddy, and he tells you he knows a shortcut, do NOT listen to him.

For the second time now, while out on a woodland trail that we had never been on before, Teddy told me he "knew a shortcut" through the woods, to get us back to our car. But just like the first time he told me that, the shortcut resulted in us needing to backtrack to the trail, to find our way out. But our versions of what actually happened differ:

Teddy said the shortcut would've brought us out on a side road, but that I refused to scramble over a stone wall and step across what he called a narrow stream, and I called a small river. I told Teddy a picture tells a thousand words, and that I would ask the T-Gang is this a stream or a river?

© All Rights Reserved

Teddy then said he didn't understand what the big deal was, because worst case, my feet would've gotten wet crossing the Aspetuck River here, and this direction was level, compared to the steep hill we had to climb up, to get back to the trail we had walked in on.

I told Teddy that from now on, when we're out on a trail, not to tell me about any shortcuts that he knows, because I won't listen to him. Teddy replied to that by saying that the old adage of "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" applies, and that if I thought that he misled me with his shortcut the first time, when we went to the Brett Woods Open Space, where we ended up bushwhacking on his "shortcut" and ultimately  having to turn back, I should not have listened to him the second time, so it's my own fault we had to backtrack the second time.

Moving on from the Teddy trails "incidents", this past week, I took a lot of photos, including these:

Monarch Butterfly
© All Rights Reserved

Possible Bald Eagle
© All Rights Reserved

And in local news, there was a 3.6 magnitude earthquake Sunday morning (Nov 8, 2020) off the coast of Massachusetts, that was also felt in New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Long Island NY, and Connecticut. Teddy claims he felt it here, but I told him I don't recall that, and that the shakemap doesn't show it reaching this far west into Connecticut. While those who live in California might say 3.6 is nothing, earthquakes don't occur "regularly" in this part of the United States, the way they do in CA, and because of the consistency of the bedrock here, they get felt farther.

We've had some rain, but as of the last measurement, Connecticut still has D0, D1, and D2 drought conditions. (United States Drought Monitor - Connecticut)

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Is Teddy old enough to drink such a big bottle of cola? Love his blanket! Great butterfly pic. Happy T Day, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

what an adventure for you and Teddy! Glad at least it was such a nice day- and yes, I am enjoying them as well. I also saw a monarch the other day.
I did not know of the earthquake-yikes! Glad it wasn't a destructive one. Enjoy the remaining good warm weather, and happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Teddy found a good sitting spot. Our weather's been unseasonably warm here, too. I live on the Mississippi River in Memphis, so that looks like a stream to me lol That said, I'd rather backtrack along a dry path than wade across it. The monarch butterfly would be a welcome sight. It's been years since I saw one. I heard about the earthquake from CJ. Yikes!!! I had to water the patio plants yesterday. It's dry here, too, though I don't think we're in drought.

Happy T Tuesday!

Mary said...

Glad you found a nice spot for Teddy to pose on the Teddy Bear Picnic Blanket. What a wonderful woodland scene! I seem to remember Teddy was not much help with chainsawing the downed trees in your yard last August. He probably thought he was "supervising" the operation. As for the supposed shortcuts he gave you, causing you to backtrack, it sounds like he is a bit of a practical joker. That definitely looks like a small river to me. You can jump over a little stream in one step. Sounds like going out on the trail with Teddy is always an adventure!

Eileen Bergen said...

You should put your adventures with Teddy into a book, Anne. You're a delightful pair.

I saw our first Monarch last week! They're starting to arrive to their mating grounds. Their journey is amazing, isn't it?

Happy T-Day! Stay safe and stay well. Hugs, Eileen

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy looks cute sitting on his picnic blanket, and I love the escapades you and Teddy get into. I'm going to say the water feature looks like a river. Problem is though it may look shallow that could be deceptive when trying to cross. I'd rather keep my paws dry. I wonder if the monarch is confused as to what time of the year it is due to the unusually warm weather. Happy T Day.

Lisca said...

I smiled at teddy and his short cuts. I have a husband like that. He then can't understand why I won't jump a stream or climb a rock. It all sounds very familiar!
Your photos are lovely, especially the Monarch butterfly.
An earthquake, oh dear. Did you feel it? When I lived in Italy we had many earthquakes ( a bit like California) and we had some pretty bad ones too. So I don't like them.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Tom said...

...is this one of your fallen trees?

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun post! The woodland trail looks wonderful and Teddy had quite the adventure, loving the teddy bears picnic blanket your sister made - perfect 😀. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It turned really cold here last night, so when I woke this morning I was freezing after the lovely weather we've had, too.

What an experience you experienced. I've felt a few earthquakes because of fracking in OK., but it sounds like a big incident where you live. Good thing you were not in the fault line.

Teddy has an excuse for everything, doesn't he? That's a big bottle of coke, so he may have had too much and wanted to get back fast for other reasons (grin). Thanks for sharing Teddy's adventures and your beautiful photos with us for T this Tuesday, Anne. Hope your kitty is doing well, too.

Kate Yetter said...

The weather has been warmer here as well. Certainly confusing for November. But a great excuse to go on a walk.
I didn't know about the earthquake in New England.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Teddy is my kind of guy with that bottle of Diet Coke. I swear that drink is addicting. I had to laugh about his shortcut. And about the chainsawing. He is quite the character, isn't he? One more day of ncie weather, although not so much sun. It sure has been a nice stretch of weather. Hope you had a super T day. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Teddy sure has a vivid imagination - that´s the bear-thing to be! That and adventures and certainly he might feel the smallest earthquakes, too (huh, scary stuff!).
Mielebaer thinks you got the weather from us, yesterday so cold we could see our breath. Brrr.