Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy Holding Chainsaw, Week 3" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

After almost three weeks of clean up efforts, the work is finally completed. Back on Tuesday afternoon, August 4, 2020, Tropical Storm Isaias toppled five trees on my property, in a domino effect, but fortunately they didn't hit anything.

Before (showing trees across driveway):
© All Rights Reserved

After (showing left side area where trees fell from):
© All Rights Reserved

Teddy said he did all of the clean up work while I sat inside eating bon bons. Teddy said those photographs of him with the chainsaw are his proof. He also said if you look closely, you'll see the bottle of water he drank from during the final day of work (Saturday, August 22, 2020), which was very hot and humid. If you're wondering what the yellow thing is, Teddy said he didn't want to sit on yet another sawdust covered, potentially bug and sap covered tree stump, so he made me use a plastic grocery bag as a mat. (He's also now demanding that I get him some type of washable fabric kitchen table placemat to use as a mini-picnic blanket for him to sit on during our outdoor photo shoots. I told him I'll try to find one for him at Walmart or Christmas Tree Shops.)

Despite Teddy's claims about who did all of the work, I have a lot of sore and strained muscles, including my right hand, so my artwork and online activities will be limited for awhile, until I'm feeling back to normal.

This year has been an unusually hot, humid Summer that has gone on, with no relief, since about early to mid June to August 14, 2020. Then the heat and humidity returned August 22, 2020. Because of that, Connecticut has D0, D1, and D2 drought conditions. (United States Drought Monitor - Connecticut) So between the drought, bugs eating all of the plant and tree leaves, and Tropical Storm Isaias, I picked the wrong year to decide to plant grass seed and try to regain control of the flower beds, which had become overgrown with weeds / vines / etc.

This week I'm the guest host at Sunday Postcard Art, and I chose the challenge theme "Train." Fortunately I had already made the art piece awhile ago, because right now, my right hand hurts too much to do any creative work.

© All Rights Reserved

17 comments:

Tom said...

...be careful Teddy.

Iris Flavia said...

Just what would you do without Teddy?!

Glad you can look at the mess at least with a bit of humor!
Mielebaer says: Well done, you two.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning-allot of hard work and Teddy taking all the credit-haha.
Happy T wishes Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy you're too funny. Though I don't blame you for wanting something to sit on when outdoors. Anne, I'm glad you finally got the clean up done. More thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon, so I hope you get some beneficial rain from them. I like the train postcard and I can see a happy face on the front of the train. Makes me think of my Eldest who loved Thomas the Tank Engine when she was little. Take care and Happy T Day!

Mary said...

It looks like it was quite a lot of work clearing out all those fallen trees from the storm. I am glad you are done and can rest your hand. Teddy is really hamming it up and he is so photogenic! A placemat would be nice for a photo shoot or picnic. I could make something for him and will see what I can come up with. I have not been able to sit at the sewing machine since the leg injury so I should try to do that as it is finally healing. The train postcard is really nice!

Valerie-Jael said...

Naughty Teddy! I don't think you ate so much that your arm got sore from it! Glad the work is now done. Take care, happy T Day, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Isn't it amazing. You do all the work and Teddy claims all the credit. Just like a man (grin). I hope you had help clearing those trees. That was a very daunting job and I can see why you would be sore. Thanks for sharing Teddy and his water with us, along with his clean-up work, for T this Tuesday.

That's a lovely train, too. I look forward to seeing what others do/did for Sunday postcard art this week.

My name is Erika. said...

Teddy is a tough guy is t he? Wielding a chainsaw like that I mean. Have you gotten any rain ? We have slipped into major drought and everything is browning. It’s a sad end to such a good gardening year for sure. Have a wonderful T day

Mae Travels said...

Good to hear that you and T. are finally through cleaning up. I hope you get over the soreness quickly! I feel so sorry for the many victims of hurricanes, storms, fires, drought, and the pandemic. It's a bad summer.

stay safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your garden is looking fabulous! Well done, you did so much work to clear your garden even with Teddy trying to take all the credit ...lol 😀. Loving your train postcard and congratulations on being guest host! Wishing you and Teddy a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

You (and Teddy, too) got a lot accomplished. I'm a bit scared of chainsaws, and my teddy is too old for that kind of work. Good for y'all gettin' it done!

Happy T Tuesday

Eileen Bergen said...

I'm glad the clean up work is finally done, Anne. I hope your aches and pain heal quickly. Teddy is getting quite demanding isn't he? He's too cute to say no to, right?

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

DVArtist said...

Glad Teddy was there to help you. Enjoy your evening.

Meggymay said...

I hope Teddy allowed you to have some breaks while you were working hard in the garden. He looked very happy with the chain saw.
Have a good rest of the week.
Yvonne xx

Lisca said...

What would you do without Teddy! But I bet you are glad it is all sorted now. It looks neat from the photo.
I love that train. That theme will be quite a challenge for some people.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Karen said...

I'm glad your clean up work is completed.. in time for hurricane season (ugh) I hope we are spared from that this year! We have had heat and rain all month and I hope the fall brings us relief ~ Blessings to you

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness, such a lot of hard work and cheeky Teddy taking all the credit! LOL!
You've got to love him though!

Hope your aches and pains ease soon.

All the best Jan