Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy On Toppled Trees, Week 2" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

Storm clean up continues two weeks after Tropical Storm Isaias toppled five trees on my property, in a domino effect. All five trees still require further cutting, but great progress continues to be made. (Note: only 3 of the fallen trees are visible in the above photos.) This past week, I also cleared out the area under the utility lines running to my house. That area had become overgrown over the years, and the extensive damage due to this storm made me realize I needed to do something about that area, just in case.

Rainfall continues to be spartan here, so Connecticut still has D0 and D1 drought conditions. (United States Drought Monitor - Connecticut) At least starting Saturday, the temperatures and humidity dropped, so it has been pleasant here. But it looks like the hot humid weather might be returning by this coming weekend.

Due to the muscle strains from all of the physical clean up activity, I haven't been able to work on artwork. (I posted two pieces last week, but I had completed them before the clean up efforts started.) And once again, I might leave a generic comment for everyone this week, because I'm very sore after each day's clean up efforts. Due to an old, previous injury, my wrist has become especially painful, so it's hard to type / use the mouse.

18 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Teddy sure gets around-helping with the wood clearing too
Happy T wishes Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

Clean-up after a storm seems to take forever, especially after such a storm as you had! Don't overdo (I know, easier said than done...) Happy T Tuesday

Tom said...

...the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy looks good, as always. Sounds like you still have an enormous amount of work to do. We're in a drought here, too, the worst since 250 years! Don't worry about visiting, look after yourself. Happy T Day, Valerie

Mary said...

Oh my, that is a lot of storm cleanup activity! I don't suppose Teddy is lending a hand to help out. I am glad the weather has become cooler and more pleasant. It makes it a lot easier to get things done. Take care of your wrist and hopefully it will improve soon! Have a great week!

Linda Kunsman said...

All those huge fallen trees is such a massive clean up,and yes, very hard on the body. Get some rest for those aching muscles. Happy T day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, sounds like you've had a lot of clean up work to do after the storm! Hope that you get it all finished soon 😁. So lovely to see Teddy, he is so good at sharing a drink with us! Take care of yourself, don't tire yourself out too much! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope you and Teddy get to feeling better soon. You should try to keep your wrist wrapped and soak in cold or hot water, whichever feels better. So glad Teddy is helping you and also sharing your T post this week, dear Anne. Sorry I haven't visited, but as you may have seen, I've had no internet for nine days. Thanks go to you and Teddy for sharing your water and clean-up with us today. what gets me is this is the year you cleaned and landscaped around your home. Karma is sad at times.

BTW, I read your nit-pick. I copied that info directly from the Women's Vote Centennial web site. My views are that every woman should vote, because it's too important a choice to lose.

Kate Yetter said...

Hi Anne, sorry to hear that you are dealing with muscle strains. It sounds like you have made a lot of progress on the storm cleanup. Hopefully, it will be completed soon.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Mae Travels said...

You have quite an enormous undertaking to clean up all the fallen trunks and branches on your property. I hope it continues to go well and that you don't have any worse injuries than sore muscles!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Eileen Bergen said...

Please be careful not to overdo, Anne. Maybe you need a day off to rest your strained and tired muscles. I wish I could send some of our rain your way. Is Teddy worn out too? He's gripping that bottle of water as if to say, "No you can't have any."

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Karen said...

Ohhhh all work and no play ~ You need to play ~ I hope you get some help -or- that the work/clean up ends soon ~ Bless you & the week ahead

My name is Erika. said...

Teddy looks like a natural and that he belongs on those trees. But I bet after doing all that yardwork a bottle of water sure did the trick. Hope it was a happy T day. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy is adorable and looks like the spokesbear for the bottled water company. I can see the progress you made between last week and this week. Do take care. Happy T Day

R's Rue said...

❤️

DVArtist said...

Sound like a lot of work to be done. But thankfully you are alive. Take it slow and easy.

Sharon Madson said...

I am so sorry about your wrist! And believe me I know about wrist pain, since I broke both, as you remember just after Christmas. Take care! Waving to you and Teddy. I know I am very late. Happy Day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my goodness! Don't do too much at once! Sorry I am so late, just mundane stuff but it kept me away from the computer. Belated T day Wishes, Chrisxx