Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Hawk With Bird From Bird Feeder - Photograph

 © All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took that photograph through my house window this past week, so it isn't the best quality.

I was inside resting my aching muscles, after having just completed the storm clean up efforts, when I heard one of my wind chimes sound. There wasn't any wind, so I wondered why they sounded. I looked out and saw this raptor on the ground. When I took the photograph, I didn't know it was holding a bird it had caught, one that was most likely at my bird feeder, which one set of wind chimes is near. If you look closely on the lower right hand side of the Hawk's wing, you can see the wing of the bird it caught.

3 comments:

Tom said...

...supper time.

Mary said...

Great photo of a hawk in action. When the kids were young we attended a raptor rehabilitation program at UConn out in Storrs. They brought live raptors that had been injured and it was fascinating to see these majestic birds!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your photograph turned out well.

All the best Jan