Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy Give Thanks Turkey" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

This Thursday is Thanksgiving Day here in the United States, and Teddy wanted to give thanks for a few things. Teddy said he is grateful for the safe health of his loved ones, a roof over his head, and food on his table.

In local news, "an adult male Saw-whet owl, one of the tiniest owls" "was discovered on Monday [in the New York City Rockefeller Center Christmas tree], dehydrated and hungry, but otherwise unharmed." The owl was taken to a bird rehabilitation center in upstate New York, and was going to be released back into the wild, once he had a clean bill of health from Vets.

This past week, Teddy and I went for a few outings:

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved

I also got some moon photos:

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved

And some deer came by again, to nibble on the little that remains for them to eat:

© All Rights Reserved

I also made some postcard artwork:

© All Rights Reserved

And we continue to have drought conditions here in Connecticut. (United States Drought Monitor - Connecticut)

19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's great that Teddy is giving thanks this Thanksgiving. I am sure he's glad to be warm, safe, loved, and well cared for, too. He's definitely our spokes bear at T each Tuesday.

Great photos of the moon and deer, and a beautiful postcard, too. Thanks for sharing your art, photos, and Teddy with us and his drink for T this Tuesday, Anne.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I read about the Saw Whet Owl and I am glad that it was safely returned to the wild. May it have successful hunting every day and enjoy rodent du jour for dinner nightly. I can find a Barred Owl locally quite readily and over the next couple of weeks will mount a search for Saw Whets. Few creatures are more delightful!

Iris Flavia said...

Teddy is a good boy in giving thanks!
Yes, your owl was in the German news on TV, too!
Happy T-day and enjoy your Thanksgiving, sadly not a tradition over here...

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy looks very happy with his drink, wishing you both a very Happy Thanksgiving! Looks like you've had some lovely outings this week and I love your moon photos - amazing 😁. Amazing to see the deer in your yard and your postcard looks so beautiful too. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Tom said...

...Happy Thanksgiving to you both.

Mary said...

Thank you Teddy for expressing gratitude with the coming of Thanksgiving day. Those are my sentiments too... health for loved ones, a place to live, and good food to eat. I watched The Muppet Christmas Carol on TV last night and that movie always brings me good cheer.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the photos, especially the moon ones. Glad Teddy is enjoying Nesquik. Happy Thanksgiving. hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

be well...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy looks so sweet and I like his thankful list. I also love his beverage. I haven’t had chocolate milk in a long time. Good choice, Teddy. The story of the owl in the tree was very sweet, and good that the rehabbers were able to get the little guy/gal back to health and back where it belongs. Looks like you had a nice ramble in the cemetery. I wish we lived closer so I could have gone with you. It reminds me of the Doctor Who episode “Blink” Sally Sparrow’s friend comments on Sally liking to visit a sad, old, rundown house. Sally notes “sad is happy for deep people.” Happy T Day and Thanksgiving

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, great photos and loved your postcard.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Teddy and Happy T wishes Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

Teddy's got his priorities straight, I see :) I got such a kick out of the Rockefeller owl story. Adorable. And a tough little bird :)

Happy T Tuesday!

peggy gatto said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love your Teddy!!!
Stay well and be happy

My name is Erika. said...

Teddy and you were lucky to have a few outings last week. It was nice most of the week, wasn't it? You did get some gorgeous deer photos. And is Teddy ready for Thanksgiving? I hope you and Teddy have a fantastic T day and also Thanksgiving. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

and thank you Teddy for being such a wonderful host for T Day. Wonderful photos Anne. I saw that owl on the news- and I could just cuddle that tiny thing-poor little guy.
Beautiful postcard art.
Happy T day, and a happy Thanksgiving too!

DVArtist said...

Yes, I saw the little owl on the news. Wonderful photos and art. Have a nice evening.

Sharon Madson said...

I hope you and Teddy have a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for our health, and for our family, and for our faithful God.
Happy T Day!

Lisca said...

It's good of Teddy to also give thanks. I think this year has taught us to be thankful for what we have got.
Yes, I heard about the little owl in the Christmas tree. I also heard that the tree wasn't that nice. It was misshapen apparently.
Great moon photos and the deer photo.
The first of your photos suggests rain, but you are still in drought.
Your postcard is really beautiful.
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Lisca

Eileen Bergen said...

I loved the story of the saw whet owl and enjoyed perusing some of your beautiful postcard art. Your moon and nature photos are captivating.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Teddy and Happy T-day as well! Hugs, Eileen

pearshapedcrafting said...

Teddy looks great with his brightly coloured bottle and accessories! What a heartwarming story about the owl - he must have been hanging on tight on his journey to the Rockefeller Centre! Lovely art and photos! Those deer are beautiful! Belated Happy T Day and Happy Thanksgiving! Chrisxx