Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy And Merry Mint Tea" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

First, Teddy and I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays / Happy Hanukkah.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts for awhile.

Teddy told me to provide the links for the online copies of the recipes shown in the photos: Fudgy Fulfill-Mint and Merry, Minty Latte.

Weather-wise, we had an ice storm (Ice On Trees), then a snow squall (Snow Squall Warning), then bitterly cold temperatures (Cold Water). But now it has "warmed up" to the 40s F (4.4 C) which truly feels warm right now. (In the Summer, 40 F would feel cold. It's all relative.)

I made some Christmas artwork: Christmas Reindeer and Christmas Santa Music. The remainder will pop out later today (Christmas Eve) and tomorrow (Christmas).
© All Rights Reserved

local news update: a little information from the Dec 18, 2019 press conference about the possible Revolutionary War soldiers skeletons from the April 1777 Battle of Ridgefield that were found buried in Ridgefield, Connecticut:

"Bones and buttons from the #battleofridgefield a great find for history."
https://twitter.com/news12ctsudol/status/1207363687922753537

"A line drawing of the skeletal remains found"
https://twitter.com/news12ctsudol/status/1207370524504023048

News story about the press conference: they notified the British Consulate in Boston, because the three skeletons could be British and American soldiers.

Over the weekend, we watched the following movies:

It Happened on Fifth Avenue (1947) (DVD) okay

Holiday Affair (1949) (DVD) okay

Frosty the Snowman (1969) (DVD) excellent

Scrooged (1988) (DVD) funny

Home Alone 2 (1992) (DVD) - funny, but the violence was portrayed in cartoon fashion

Christmas with the Kranks (2004) (DVD) funny

Deck The Halls (2006) (DVD) funny

A few Christmas songs:

Carol of the Bells - The American Boychoir

O Holy Night (Cantique de Noel) - The American Boychoir

Silent Night! Holy Night! - The American Boychoir

The Coventry Carol - The American Boychoir

This Christmastide (Jessye's Carol) - The American Boychoir

What Child is This - The American Boychoir

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy is looking great, as always. Happy T Day and happy holidays to sou and yours, Valerie

Tom said...

...Merry Christmas Anne.

My name is Erika. said...

The weather has been crazy, hasn't it? Yesterday was gorgeous. But I guess it is going to be OK for Christmas, a tad bit more seasonal but not so cold you don't want to get out of bed. I think Teddy needs a nice cup of tea this morning. Maybe in a nice china holiday cup with a saucer of course. I can't help him as I don't have any of those but he would be welcome here with a nice mug of tea, but not mint as I don't have that either. Perhaps that cranberry spice hibiscus I splurged on myself to have for the holidays. Anyhow, Happy T day and even more so, wishing you a wonderful and Merry Christmas Anne. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy always finds the best drinks! Sounds like a good week and thanks for the Christmas movie reviews 😁. Wishing you a magical Christmastime and a very happy T Day too! Hugs, Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

Merry Christmas Anne & Teddy
and Happy T wishes Hugs Kathy

Eileen Bergen said...

Please thank Teddy for the recipes - yum!

Very intersting about the Revolutionary War remains. I hope more info will come out as scientists investigate.

Wishing you and Teddy a very Merry Christmas and Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy is a joy and a great spokesperson for T Tuesday. That merry mint tea sounds perfect for a Christmas eve drink. Thanks to both you and Teddy for sharing it with us.

I've actually seen a couple of the films you watched this week, but the music is what I really am enjoying,

Hope you and Teddy have a fabulous Christmas eve and a very merry Christmas, too. Thanks for being such a loyal T Tuesday participant.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got so wrapped up in the music, I completely forgot to mention I'm not on twitter, so couldn't access the news about the skeletons. It's too bad more of this isn't reported nationwide. I guess it's too local.

Divers and Sundry said...

Mint tea is perfect for the season. Warmed up to the 40s there, has it lol We're having highs in the upper 60sF here! I remember when that Frosty show first aired. Fun :)

Happy Christmas Eve to you and yours and Happy T Tuesday

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy looks so festive. We drove through CT on the way to PA, you got more ice than we did. My area didn’t get the snow squalls. It’s a lot warmer here, in the high 40s. I wish I had brought some summer clothes. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Lisca said...

I had a look at the recipes and they look really yummy. A shame you have to buy that particular type of tea to be able to get it right.
The ice on the trees looks fairytale like but also very worying. I'm glad to hear the power stayed on.
Wishing you a Happy holiday and happy (belated) T-Day.
Hugs,
Lisca

Meggymay said...

I'm not sure what happened to my post the other day, but I called back, its late but I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday. Ted looks happy with his choice of tea for us this week.
Belated wishes for T day and I hope you are having a good week.
Yvonne xx