Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy And Peppermint Bark Tea" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

First, I would like to thank everyone who left me Merry Christmas wishes last week, and apologize if I didn't visit and reciprocate. Last week, shortly after posting my T-Day entry to the challenge site, I went offline to enjoy the Christmas holiday. I most likely will remain offline until after New Year's Day. Teddy and I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts for awhile.

Teddy has been complaining loudly that Santa didn't bring him a Winter coat. I told Teddy he has a fur coat, so he doesn't need one. We've been enjoying this delicious Peppermint Bark coffee during this Christmas season:

© All Rights Reserved

Teddy is hoping New England Coffee will see this post, and make him their spokesbear. The Almond Danish Kringle is made in Wisconsin USA by O&H Danish Bakery, and sold at my local Trader Joe's stores at this time of year. Every week, there is an online free Win a Danish Kringle contest.

Weather-wise, it hasn't been too unpleasant for this time of year. For Sunday night (12/29) into Tuesday morning (12/31), southern Connecticut is getting rain, but northwest Connecticut and parts of Massachusetts have an ice storm warning.

Remainder of my Christmas artwork: Christmas Music Bird, Christmas Nutcracker Suite, Christmas Red House Pine Trees, Christmas Red Birds , and Christmas Red House - Merry Christmas.

My New Year's artwork is scheduled to pop out later today (New Year's Eve) and tomorrow (New Year's Day).

Over the past week, we watched the following movies:

Christmas movies:

It's a Wonderful Life (1946) (DVD) excellent

Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962) (DVD) excellent

A Christmas Story (1983) (DVD) excellent

Elf (2003) (DVD) funny, nice story

action / thriller movies:

Virtuosity (1995) (DVD) okay

Absolute Power (1996) (DVD) very good

Match Point (2005) (DVD) excellent

Red Eye (2005) (DVD) very good, other than a few implausibilities

The Prestige (2006) (DVD) very good

Mr. Brooks (2007) (DVD) very good, other than a few implausibilities

Whiteout (2009) (DVD) okay: major plot implausibilities

Inception (2010) (DVD) I liked it the first time I saw it, but seeing it again, I found too many holes in the plot, so I'm rating this a neutral okay leaning toward not good.

Unknown (2011) (DVD) very good, other than a few implausibilities

comedy movies:

Firehouse Dog (2007) (DVD) funny, good story

Ted (2012) (DVD) funny, but the F word was overused

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas, and I wish you a happy and healthy 2020, for Teddy, too, of course! Happy T Day, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had intended to get here sooner, but fell asleep around 10:30 last night, something totally unheard of for me. I must have been wiped, because I even slept more than three hours, another thing unheard of for me.

Teddy may not make the New England Coffee Co spokes bear, but he is certainly doing a good job putting T Tuesday on the map. Although I normally don't care for flavored coffee, this actually sounds good. Thanks go to Teddy for sharing it with us for T this last day of 2019.

Sounds like you missed the bad part of the storm and got to watch some Christmas movies. I'll save my New Year's wishes for later today, dear.

Iris Flavia said...


Mielebaer says hi to Teddy and wishes him a great 2020.
It´s a Wonderful Life is a must every year here. Because... you need to ring some bells, right.
I also wish you a very happy 2020 :-)

Halle said...

Your tea sounds lovely. That's quite a list of movies! We watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. The kids weren't fans but the nostalgia factor had me laughing.
Happy T day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy Creative New Year to you and Teddy.

kathyinozarks said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year and T Day
Hugs Kathy

Meggymay said...

I hope Teddy enjoys his choice of flavour today Anne it sounds lovely.
Very best wishes for the coming year, I hope it will be a good one for you.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy always chooses the best things to share, the peppermint bark tea sounds wonderful for the festive season - yum! You had some lovely Christmas treats too with the coffee and Danish Kringle 😁. Thanks for the film reviews and wishing you a happy T Day! All the best for the New Year too, may it be filled with peace, love and happiness! Hugs, Jo x

R's Rue said...

Happy 2020

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope you're enjoying your time offline :)

Peppermint bark coffee sounds delicious. I wonder if there'd be a way to make up a similar drink at home. I'm googling some of your movie choices to check them out. Some movies are wonderful except for the times you see the gaping plot hole so big the entire movie falls through it lol And we can suspend disbelief, but honestly some movies expect too much ;)

Happy New Year's Eve to you and yours, and Happy T Tuesday!

carol l mckenna said...

Yummy tea ~ and Teddy, you are adorable ~ ^_^

Happy New Year to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Eileen Bergen said...

I recognized the Almond Danish Kringle from O&H Danish Bakery right way. After we moved from WI to NJ, my brother would send us one every Christmas until we moved to Mexico. That's 25 years of yummy Almond Danish Kringle!

You asked how hard it is to make candles, Anne. Not at all. You can see I used no special equipment and I even used inexpensive store-bought candles rather than buy expensive wax. You can recycle candle stubs as well for free wax. (See https://theartfulcrafter.com/blog/candle-wax.html)

The most important thing to know is to do at least two pours. Fill you candle form about 3/4 and let it harden. There is always a sunken well in the center. Do at least one more pour to level the top.

Wishing you and Teddy a very Happy New Year and happy T-day! Eileen xx

My name is Erika. said...

Happy New year Anne. I hope you have a fantastic start to 2020-and of course for the whole year also. Hugs-Erika

Lisca said...

It would be nice (but improbable) for Teddy to make it as New England Coffee Co spokes bear. He deserves it as he has lots of practice.
Happy New Year and
A belated Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

Teddy would be such a good spokes bear! We seem to have watched quite a few films over the holidays - mostly oldies but also some essentials - The Sound of Music, Home Alone and Die Hard! Happy New Year,Chrisx