Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy And Good Tidings Tea" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts for awhile.

Teddy told me to provide the link for the online copy of the cookie recipe in the photo: Minty Cocoa Cookies

The weather has been a mix of rain, snow, and cold. Monday (12/16) night into Tuesday (12/17), we are forecast to get a snow and ice mix, which could knock out the power. So if I don't drop by leaving comments, you'll know what happened. :-(

In some very exciting local news, three skeletons, possibly Revolutionary War soldiers, were found buried in Ridgefield, Connecticut at the beginning of December: news story

They think they were soldiers who fought in the April 1777 Battle of Ridgefield. They could be British or American soldiers, because troops on both sides were reported missing at the time. They said they won't have any definitive information until preliminary tests are completed by Spring 2020.

General Benedict Arnold fought for the American side during the Battle of Ridgefield. It's unfortunate that Connecticut public schools don't teach more of the local history that took place here during the Revolutionary War. At least they didn't when I went to school. I wanted to try to attend the December 18 Question and Answer session they're having about this historic find, but the site said only the press is allowed to attend.

Ironically, last year around this time, I visited the Keeler Tavern Museum, which has a cannon ball embedded in the side of it, from that battle:

  © All Rights Reserved

I posted photos of some of my Christmas tree ornaments and decorations: Nativity and Christmas Tea Lights, Christmas Decorations, Santa and Snowman Ornaments, Nutcracker Ornaments.

© All Rights Reserved

I made a few postcards: Christmas Birds Music, Christmas Girl Music Snow, Jingle Bells, It's Easy To Deceive.

Over the weekend, we watched the following movies:

movies:

Miracle on 34th Street (1947) (DVD) - excellent

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) (TV Movie) (DVD) - excellent

A Christmas Carol (1999) (TV Movie, Patrick Stewart) (DVD) - excellent

Home Alone (1990) (DVD) - funny, but the violence was portrayed in cartoon fashion

Christmas movies that were very funny:

Christmas in Connecticut (1945) (DVD)

(National Lampoon's) Christmas Vacation (1989) (DVD)

Fred Claus (2007) (DVD)

Four Christmases (2008) (DVD)

Christmas movies that were okay, but didn't seem like a Christmas movie, despite the Christmas decorations:

The Christmas Blessing (2005) (TV Movie) (DVD) - sequel to The Christmas Shoes (2002 TV Movie)

One Christmas (1994) (TV Movie) (DVD)

12 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Hi Teddy, Mielebaer sends some hugs!
You can still find sceletons from that long ago?!
"It's a Wonderful Life" it will be, as every Christmas time :-)
Happy T-Day.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a good week. That's an exciting find with the skeletons, pease keep us informed when you know more. Enjoy your films, and hope you Na Teddy have a great day baking cookies. Happy T Day, Valerie

Natalia said...

Teddy is so cute!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You got a lot accomplished this week, Anne, even if it was watching a lot of movies. I read the story of the Revolutionary Soldiers and am anxious to learn about these men. DNA testing may help, but since most Americans in that war were originally British, it may be hard to tell. You should write a letter to the newspaper or call a local TV station that does investigative work and see if they plan to attend the meeting. Tell them you have specific questions and see if they will "represent" you.

Teddy did an awesome job of partnering for T this Tuesday. He is always full of suggestions and that recipe sounds great. Thanks for sharing your week in review and thanks go to Teddy for being such a good spokesperson for T Tuesday, too.

Linda Kunsman said...

awe, Teddy is doing a great job for T Day:):) And the minty cocoa cookies sound yummy. So interesting on the skeleton discovery. Just sad so many soldiers died in such a harsh manner and had no proper burials...
what a list of movies - and I've seen all but the last section;) Lovely digital postcards. Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Anne, you are like me and watching lots of Christmas movies-I am also watching lots of the St Louis Blues hockey too in the evenings-so fun.
I agree with you that with the local history right there-it should and needs to be taught in the schools-I find schools to be very lacking these days I still can't believe they have stopped teaching how to write-what a disadvantage that is.
Keep us posted on the findings of the soldiers.
I am off to check out Teddy's recipe Happy T wishes Kathy

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, Good Tidings tea sounds perfect for the season! Lucky Teddy! I love all the movies in your first to groups. One of my favorite old B&W is Holliday Affair with Robert Mitchum and Janet Leigh. And I get Hallmark, and I am a sap for those Christmas movies! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Divers and Sundry said...

Possible Revolutionary War soldiers? Wow! What a find!

I'm unfamiliar with Four Christmases but will look it up, thx! Happy T Tuesday!

Let's Art Journal said...

Mint chocolate cookies sounds yummy, thank Teddy for sharing them today! Sounds like a great week and I love watching Christmas movies this time of year, thanks for the recommendations 😁. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy is always so sweet. Oooh, I wonder if the minty cocoa cookies taste like Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. We’ve had very little snow, but mostly a sleety, icy mix. Ice is now starting to accumulate on the tree branches and power lines. Let’s hope things hold up in both our areas. Happy T Day!

Meggymay said...

Teddy is so good sharing his choices of tea and recipes, they sound good to me.
It is really interesting when skeletons as old as those are uncovered, Who were they and what is the history behind the story always springs to my mind. Please let us know if they find out especially if they prove to soldiers from the war.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Happy T day Anne. Or I should say I say I hope it was happy. That is fascinating about finding those Revolutionary War soldiers. I don't remember learning much about battles in New England other than Bunker Hill and Lexington and Concord. And those funny Christmas movies are pretty funny. I've seen 3 (of them) and do enjoy them. But I haven't seem Four Chrismases but I guess I should check that one out. Have a great week. Hugs-Erika