Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Porch" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Boothe Memorial Park a few weeks ago.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so here is Teddy with another magazine image showing drinks. Teddy said it's hard to see with the flash reflection on the page, but the people in the chairs on the Rhode Island beach are holding drinks.
 © All Rights Reserved 

The weather was nice this past week, but Connecticut has now joined other states with a health warning about mosquitoes carrying Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE), because a second person has died from it here. They're saying to avoid being out from dusk to dawn, but I was bitten by a mosquito during the day last week, so they seem to be out all of the time. :-(

In other local news, there have been two reports of a mountain lion roaming around Monroe, CT, but there hasn't been any confirmation of it. A few weeks ago I had mentioned a South Dakota mountain lion that made it all the way east to Connecticut, only to be struck and killed on one of our highways, back in June 2011. Let's hope if this is another big cat, it doesn't meet the same fate.

I made an Autumn tag and postcard.

I made some postcards: Queen of Hearts and Queen of Fortune Tellers.

In the category of "small world", I took a photograph of Fayerweather Island Lighthouse from Saint Mary's By The Sea in Bridgeport, CT, and it turns out Elizabeth had seen that same view from that same vantage point when she visited friends there in the past.

I took a lot of photos: Great Blue Heron, Yellow Flowers, Sun Reflection, Rock Ledge, Trail In Woods, Green Foliage Reflections, Streamside, Frog, Wood Bridge and Beaver Dam, Path In Woods, Yellow Flowers, Woodland Scenes, Blue Flowers.

I also went to Poliak Pond for the first time, where the foliage is beginning to change colors. Teddy accompanied me there, but chose to stay in the car. One has to cross railroad tracks to get into the Poliak Pond preserve, with the caveat of, "This is a legal private crossing, but there are no gates and no warning lights. Please be careful." Teddy said if I made it in and out again alive, without getting run over, he would accompany me the next time I go there. The trail was overgrown, and I almost turned back, but I'm glad I persevered, because the view from the dam was lovely. I want to return here again as the leaves continue to change color.

Now that it is October, I have "officially" kicked off my month of Halloween themes. I don't actually have enough things to post every day, so it's a grandiose idea that won't come to fruition. My first post shows my Halloween Yard Decor, and my second post is a Halloween Skull ATC that I made.

Last week I forgot to mention that on Friday, 9/20/2019, I saw the ISS (International Space Station) fly overhead around 8pm. It was thrilling to see it, but I didn't get any clear photos of it. It was going by too fast, at about 17K+ mph (27K+ kph). Because of hearing that the ISS would be visible that night, I added a few links to my blog for it, including ISS observation.

Great short video from ISS: All Alone in the Night - Time-lapse footage of the Earth as seen from the ISS

Over the weekend, we watched the following:

miscellaneous: Hereafter (2010) (DVD) and Fatal Attraction (1987) (DVD).

sci-fi: The 5th Wave (2016) (DVD) and Godzilla (2014) (DVD).

horror: Slender Man (2018) (DVD), Winchester (2018) (DVD), and Friend Request (2016) (DVD).

17 comments:

Tom said...

...Eastern Equine Encephalitis is spooky!

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy looks so cute sitting on the porch. I like the drinks photo he chose. Though Halloween is my favorite holiday, I'd prefer sitting on a beach in deliciously hazy hot and humid weather instead of colder temps and mountains of leaves. Happy T Day

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy is looking good. You had some great trips and took lots of good photos. Those mosquitoes sound scary! I would love to see a mountain lion, but I think we don't have any long the Rhine. But we do have a lot of wolves in recent years, and farmers and shepherds don't like them at all. Happy T Day, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, wow you have had a busy but sounds like fun week. sad about the mountain lion hopefully this one will find some woods to live in. I am off to explore some of your links Happy T Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

Cute photos:) I've gotten bitten a few times by mosquitoes lately, and we have gotten the same warnings.But really outside of covering up completely or putting repellent all over your body (which I will NOT do!) how can you avoid it?
I do hope if there is a lion about that he moves along safely without harm to himself or others. Happy T day!

Natalia said...

Very cute☺

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

While you're having an encephalitis outbreak, Anne, we have one of dengue fever. It used to be called bone break fever because the pain is so great that it feels like your bones are going to snap. Our gardener has it right now and he's in terrible pain.

Beautiful nature photos. You've got your Halloween yard decor up already? I have a large fall wreath that I keep forgetting to drag out and hang. Thanks for the nudge.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Sharon Madson said...

Teddy is so funny! Always enjoy seeing what he is up to, like pointing out the tea in the magazine. We have never been Halloween fans, except for the trick or treat thing when the kids were small. I like to decorate with Fall theme, like leaves and pumpkins. In fact, I guess since it is October, I should get my Fall Flowers out and put them up. But, it doesn't feel like Fall because it is hot out. Oh, I guess we celebrated spooky stuff, as the other night, hubby and I watched Ghost with Whoopie Goldberg, Patrick Swayze, and Demi More, again for the nthteen time! It helps that the theme song is our song. Unchained Melody. :)
Happy T Day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy looks right at home sat on the porch and the sunshine that you've been having looks wonderful too 😀. Wishing you another lovely week and Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

What a sweet house! The porch is a perfect spot :) I look forward to your month of Halloween. I do love that holiday :) I haven't seen most of the movies you've posted today. Thx for the suggestions. Happy T Tuesday!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am SO sorry it has taken me so long to visit. I'm having a terrible time with my internet. I called ATT three times today and they told me it might be my modem. However, after I got frustrated enough to threaten to go elsewhere, I was suddenly back online.

You have been so busy in September month, I can't keep up. Maybe you will slow down a bit in Oct and I can visit at least ONCE a day.

Teddy looks good on that porch. I'm sure it was a fun outing for him, too. Teddy always knows what to look for when it comes to T Tuesday. His attention to detail is priceless and we love how he is such a vital part of our T Tuesday group. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful adventures and art from this past week with us, as well as Teddy sharing his T entry for T this Tuesday.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy T day Anne. You had a busy week. But Teddy seems to have other ideas. I think he wants to sit on the beach and enjoy the last few days of warmth. Hope it was a wonderful T day. hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos and post Anne, Good to see Teddy posing for his photos.
Happy but late T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Kate Yetter said...

Your postcards and tag were lovely! I really like those images.
That is certainly scary about the EEE. I am a mosquito magnet so I spend a lot of time inside. Your front porch is beautiful!
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate

Lisca said...

Your postcards are beautiful. Are they actual postcards or are they 'just' images? If they are real postcards, do you sell them? On Etsy?
The poliak pond is truly beautiful. I enjoyed looking at the photos.
I was horrified to hear about the mosquitos carrying that disease. That is pretty awful.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Caty said...

Lovely photographs of Teddy on porch Anne !! I like them very much, you´re a great Artist ! Your tag and card are really gorgeous, love the owl on the tree. Amazing queens!!
I wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugs,
Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

Eeek! Mosquitoes and Mountain Lions - sounds like you live dangerously although Teddy doesn't seem to be too worried!!! A very belated Happy T Day! Chrisx