Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy At Toll Booth Plaza" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

Before I get to my summation, I want to apologize to everyone for not reciprocating comments etc. this past week. The new computer has taken up much more of my time than I expected. Then my antivirus firewall got disabled, and it took me a few days to figure out how to fix that, during which time I disabled the computer from accessing the Internet.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are the last in the series of photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Boothe Memorial Park a few weeks ago. (That trip was actually at the end of August.)

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so here is Teddy with another magazine image, this time showing a bottle of beer. (Teddy said to tell Elizabeth, Bleubeard, and CJ that he thinks they're going to like the magazine image he shows everyone in two weeks.)
© All Rights Reserved

The weather has been a blur to me, due to the all consuming new computer activities, but I do know here in Connecticut we had very heavy rain Sunday that caused some local roads to flood so badly that they had to be blocked off to vehicle traffic.

I continued to be busy with non-blog related activity this past week, due to the new computer. (Part of the process involves updating the old computer to Windows 10, which means making sure I have everything I need before going forward with the update, etc.)

Most/all of my Halloween artwork postcards were completed before last week, and I simply scheduled the blog posts for them to pop out at 12:01am every day starting last Friday: Halloween Black Cat Purple Moon, Halloween Black Cat Skull, Halloween Haunts, Halloween Owl Bat Moon, and Halloween Pumpkins.

I did get time to take some photographs: Autumn Scenes, Great Blue Heron, Ghost Wall and Abandoned Houses, Waterfall, Fall Foliage Water Scenes, and Sabia Tree Farm Red Truck.

And I have a small backlog of photos that I still need to post, including one of an anomaly at a cemetery. I was hoping to tell everyone about it this week, but because I haven't posted it yet, it will have to wait until next week.

Over the weekend, we watched the following movies:

romance:

Mystic Pizza (1988) (DVD) excellent
(Trivia: Lili Taylor, who played Jojo, played Carolyn Perron in The Conjuring. Matt Damon had a minor role as Steamer. Vincent D'Onofrio, who played Bill, went on to star on Law & Order: Criminal Intent)


horror (weekend marathon):

The Mummy (1932) (DVD) excellent, a classic
(Trivia: Edward Van Sloan, who played Doctor Muller, played Van Helsing in Dracula and Doctor Waldman in Frankenstein.)

Bride of Frankenstein (1935) (DVD) good, a classic

The Wolf Man (1941) (DVD) excellent, a classic

The Uninvited (1944) (DVD) excellent, great ghost story

Night of the Living Dead (1968) (DVD) excellent, a classic

The Amityville Horror (1979) (DVD) very good - scary

Halloween (1978) (DVD) very good - scary

Halloween II (1981) (DVD) okay - all the things not to do, including never turn on lights despite the darkness

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) (DVD) okay - unrelated to first two, so name should've been something else

The Watcher in the Woods (1980) (DVD) good, a little scary, interesting plot

The Others (2001) (DVD) very good - scary

The Innkeepers (2011) (DVD) okay, longer than necessary, more funny than scary, and very few actual scary parts (takes place at the Yankee Pedlar Inn in Torrington, Connecticut)

Annabelle (2014) (DVD) very good - scary

Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015) (DVD) very good - scary

Insidious: The Last Key (2018) (DVD) very good - scary

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy is looking good, and you seem to have had a very busy week. Hope your computer is now up and running properly. Happy T Day, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Oooo, I'm loving your horror movie choices! I can sympathize with your computer issues. It just should not be this hard.

Happy T Tuesday!

My name is Erika. said...

You had a fabulous week. And lots of films. I have been lounging in front of the TV also, binge watching Madmen on Netflix. I like Teddy's photo this week. He looks like he belongs there. Hope it was a fantastic T day and you are getting used to that new computer. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy looks fabulous at the toll booth. I hope no one mistook him for the toll collector (grin).

I feel your pain with the computer. I've had good luck with any computer I've had built, but not good luck with one that came off the shelf (a DELL). My friend Scott built the last one to my specifications. It has three fans to keep the super gaming computer cool. I told him I wanted Linux, and NO WINDOWS anywhere on my computer. The computer has more memory than I could use in a lifetime, and the speed is out of this world. However, I have one of the slowest internet speeds around. Think one step above dial-up. One thing about it. I have over 200 windows open right now and there is NO buffering. I hope you get your mess cleared up soon, so you and Teddy can join us more. At least you had a good weekend with your marathon of movies.

Thanks for sharing adorable Teddy and HIS drink of choice, as well as your computer woes with us for T this Tuesday, dear. BTW, it's still Tuesday in my world since I'm on central time.

Meggymay said...

I hope Teddy wasn't tempted to drink his choice of beverage this week. he looks well in the photos.
Once again you seem to have been very busy, its not easy getting a new computer running just as we want it to.
Hope you had a happy T day.
Yvonne xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Teddy, looking good xXx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Changing computers and moving all your data is no fun, Anne. You have my sympathy.

Happy Halloween and Happy T-day! Eileen xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hope your computer problems are soon a thing of the past! You have been watching films while we have been enjoying Taken series! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

Lisca said...

I hope you get your computer gremlins sorted out soon. Changing computers is a real drag. When I bought this desk top, I asked the technician who was transferring all my data, not to delete my music. Sure enough he left my music file (with not much in it) but deleted my iTunes with all my music. I was very upset, as that has cost me a considerable amount of money over the years. Luckily I had all that music on my iPod, but because the iTunes is deleted I can only play my iPod but not add or delete anything. I now use it in the car on long journeys. But it is so annoying.
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

Caty said...

Great photographs from Teddy !! Love to see him during your trips. Gorgeous cards for Halloween too.
I´ve seen some of the movies list, like Annabelle, The others, saw, too scary!
I wish you a very Happy Halloween, and send big hugs,
Caty

Sharon Madson said...

I think it will be my turn next for a new laptop. Cute photo of Teddy by the toll booth, and holding your ticket. :) Sorry to be late. Have a great week-end!