Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Stone Stairs" - Photograph

    © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are more photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Boothe Memorial Park a few weeks ago.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so here is Teddy with another magazine image, this time showing a glass of bourbon next to some ice cream.
  © All Rights Reserved 

The weather has been a mix of seasonal temperatures with sunny, overcast, and rainy days. It is starting to get cool on some overnights, but so far no frost for me here in southwest Connecticut. (The northwest hills might've already had a frost. For a small state, our weather conditions can vary quite a bit.)

I continued to be busy with non-blog related activity this past week, so I don't have much to show. I again apologize ahead of time if I'm late visiting everyone this week, and/or if I don't get to everyone this time.

I'm doing a Halloween count down, but I'm behind schedule for making Halloween artwork, due to the non-blog related activity. (Teddy has been grousing and complaining that we haven't gone many places lately, either.)

I took some photographs: Lion Statues, Great Egret, Bee And Daisy Flowers, Ducks, Swans and Pied-Billed Grebe, Owl Painting, Audubon Larsen Wildlife Sanctuary, Fall Leaves On Water, and Full Moon.

I made two postcards: Haunted Oak Tree and Autumn Trees.

Over the weekend, we watched the following movies:

horror:

Rosemary's Baby (1968) (DVD) excellent

The Exorcist (1973) (DVD) excellent

The Omen (1976) (DVD) excellent

Incarnate (2016) (DVD) good - scary

The Bye Bye Man (2017) (DVD theatrical release) very good - scary

The Ruins (2008) (DVD) very good - scary (similar to this movie, which possibly copied the plot somewhat: Indigenous (2014) )

The Disappointments Room (2016) (DVD) very good - scary, but the ending makes it unclear what was really going on.

The Wind (2018) (DVD) Not good. Movie keeps switching from present to past. "It's a movie. It shouldn't be a jigsaw puzzle." Disappointing ending. Modern version remake of the 1928 movie with the same title?

sci-fi:

A Quiet Place (2018) (DVD) very good - original plot, scary

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a full week. Teddy is looking good on the stairs. Hope he doesn't drink too much bourbon! Happ T Day, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

You really have watched a bunch of spooky movies. and had a busy week too. I like those old stone steps Teddy is sitting on this week. It looks like you had a beautiful day when you took the photo. We've had some nice days, but now the weather is going to go downhill later this week with some rain and wind. So much for all those petty leaves. Happy T day and have a good week. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

It´s a joy to see your Teddy! People also always smile when we bring our Mielebaer along :-)
Together with Elmo and his Blanket, but the Bear is the star always.

My then-team-leader once gave me a story to hear in the car. The files were (automatically) named in a crazy way. I had to concentrate on traffic and listen to that, at one time the guy was alife, then dead, then alife again....
It was accidentially mixed up, but, my, was I stressed when I arrived home! LOL!
Happy T-Day!

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds like another really busy week, and you saw lots of movies too hugs Happy T wishes Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful stone stairs. Teddy looks so cute. I'll skip the bourbon and ice cream and just eat the chocolates. 😺 CT a small state! I can't believe how long it takes us to drive through on the way to visit the Eldest! 😺 We watched The Exorcist last week, too! Happy T Day

Natalia said...

So cute ☺

Sharon Madson said...

Teddy is adorable as usual. I am not into Horror movies at all. Years and years ago, 50 or more since it was before our son's birth, I read The Exorcist, and am finally forgetting the images it conjured up in my mind. I watched a movie over the week-end called Cookie's Fortune. I had never heard of it. I liked it because of who all was in it, Patricia Neal, Glen Close, Juliane Moore, Chris O'Donnell, and some other great people. Probably not a great movie, but I liked it. Have a happy T Day, and thanks for stopping by to see me. Sorry, you missed Take your Teddy Bear to work or School Day! :)

Linda Kunsman said...

I like your Halloween banner, but not such a fan of horror movies. Well, except some of the old 40's ones:)
Love that stone structure teddy is sitting at. Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Non-blog related activities can take your time away from the computer. I spent Sunday FINALLY mowing and it took the entire day. I kept thinking if I'd been able to mow sooner, I wouldn't have to mow the grass twice just to get it down to the proper level.

Teddy is such an adorable little guy and he looks so happy on those stone steps. He also gave us a wonderful addition to T with his bourbon and ice cream. Some combination, I'm sure.

Sounds like you got a lot of movies watched over the weekend. I'm not into horror, but I've heard of several of these. Thanks for sharing Teddy and his magazine, as well as his outing with us for T this Tuesday, Anne.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what fabulous stonework, I can see why Teddy enjoyed sitting on these stairs 😀. It looks like you had a busy week too! Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

I've been a failure at regular blog visits since my computer melt-down, but I'll be back up for it now :) Things happen. I hope you enjoy you off-line activities.

Great movie choices! including a couple I'm unfamiliar with and will be looking into. Thx, as always, for the new-to-me films. Happy T Tuesday!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Good luck with the Halloween countdown, Anne. It sounds like fun. I can't believe you binge watched all those horror movies. I wouldn't sleep for a week!

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Meggymay said...

I hope Teddy didn't get cold sitting on the stone stairs. A super post Anne.
You watch a lot of Horror movies, not for me I prefer to be entertained not scared.
Happy T day wishes Anne.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your tree postcard is lovely! I enjoyed seeing the photographs of the Wildlife Sanctuary too! Hope you can magic more time now you have that lovely full moon photo! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

Lisca said...

Great picture of Teddy as usual. And the bourbon and ice cream he will have enjoyed no doubt.
Sounds like you had a busy week, and an even busier weekend watching all those films.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Caty said...

OOhh Teddy is always the king of your posts Anne !! and I adore him, over hte stones he looks happy. Wish you had a very happy T-day, and I may tell you that my son looves this kind of movies. So wonderful your Art!
I wish you a very nice weekend, and send big hugs,
Caty