Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Stone Throne" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are more photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Boothe Memorial Park a few weeks ago.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, so here is Teddy with another magazine image, this time showing a bottle and glass of Pure Leaf Tea.
  © All Rights Reserved 

The weather has been nice for this time of year. (And I chuckled at CJ's comment last week, when I said Connecticut is a small state: "I can't believe how long it takes us to drive through on the way to visit the Eldest!" Ah, yes, the lovely highways and byways of CT: Despite decades of telling us this tax then that tax would go to pay for upkeep and improvement of our roads, it hasn't happened, so potholes etc. abound. And there are numerous choke points along the way, where traffic comes to a stand still, at any time of day, for no apparent reason. One section of the Merritt Parkway is called "No Man's Land" for good reason: if you get trapped in there during rush hour or due to an accident, there is no escaping. If you're lucky, traffic inches forward at a crawl. If you're unlucky, you have to turn off your engine, so you don't run out of gas, while you wait for the road blockage to finally get cleared.)

I continued to be busy with non-blog related activity this past week, which, due to how much time it's taking to finish, I thought I should explain. I got a new computer. Normally this would be a happy announcement. I got it by choice, not by the necessity of the current computer dying. However, all has not gone as quickly and smoothly as I expected, so it's now dragging on into week #3. And Amazon sold me a used defective external DVD drive as a new product, so I don't currently have a DVD/CD drive for the new computer, which didn't come with an internal one. I won't bore everyone with all of the details, but needless to say, Teddy has been complaining loudly about this impacting our Fall outings to take photos, etc., so I've taken some breaks from doing everything I need to do with the new computer, but that also means I'm not "done" yet. (But this is my first T-Post made with the new computer, so progress is being made.)

I'm still behind schedule on where I wanted to be with Halloween artwork. But this week I have the honor of being the Sunday Postcard Art (SPA) host and I chose the theme of "Bats." There is still time to join in. My piece is here: Halloween Bats.

I did get time to photograph a few cemeteries: Center Street Cemetery, Aspetuck Cemetery, Gilbertown Cemetery, Gunntown Cemetery, Saint James Cemetery.

More cemetery photos: Grove Cemetery Chapel and Grove Cemetery Chapel Interior.

I also took photos of: Fall Foliage, Horse Mural, Cupola and Horse and Carriage Weathervane, and the allegedly haunted Yankee Pedlar Inn. (Note: I don't think Ghost Hunters ever filmed an episode here, but back in 2011, they did for the Sterling Opera House in Derby, CT.)

Over the weekend, we watched the following movies:

horror:

Dracula (1931) (DVD) excellent, a classic

Frankenstein (1931) (DVD) excellent, a classic

City of the Dead (Horror Hotel) (1960) very good for its time

Insidious Chapter 2 (2013) (DVD) very good - scary

The Conjuring (2013) (DVD) excellent - scary (Trivia: Joey King, who played Christine, played Wren in Slender Man)

The Conjuring 2 (2016) (DVD) excellent - scary

16 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, nice to see Teddy again :-)
Yes, my PC has issues, too, awful. Still have a happy T-Day :-)

My name is Erika. said...

I like CT. I need to check it out more one of these days. It is just a little far from NH for a quick day trip like going to ME, VT or parts of MA. And I will take one of those ice teas. They are very good. When it is a bit warmer I actually like a nice ice tea and drink it most of the day, but for some reason when it is cold I don't want it. And I switch back to diet coke. I think the Tea is better for me though. Smile. OK, enough babbling. Sounds like you had a super week and enjoy your T day. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Congrats on hosting and I love your bat card. Tell Teddy there is plenty of honey to share-I know nothing about computers except for typing on them lol so it's good you know how to set them up.
Happy T wishes Kathy

Natalia said...

Very cute ☺

Valerie-Jael said...

Great to see Teddy again, that fellow really gets around. You have had a busy week, too, and done a lot. Happy T Day, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Well, Teddy doesn't seem concerned about the computer:):) I was just thinking about all that and what it may take for me to set up a new system when mine goes.... good luck with it all. Happy T day!

CJ Kennedy said...

The stone throne suits Teddy. Ah, computers. Can’t live with them or without. Hopefully, things get up and running the way you want soon. And I was stunned when I was looking for a new computer that they don’t come with a DVD drive anymore 😮 I did have my new computer configured with one. Happy T Day from Enders Island 😊

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, my goodness, do not talk to me about computer or electronic issues! They never stop!!!!!! They were all supposed to make our lives easier! Not!
I hope you get everything straightened out. Happy T Day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy looks very regal on his stone throne and cup of tea is most welcome this T Day 😀. Glad the weather is staying warm for you too! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

I haven't seen the 2nd Insidious or Conjuring films, but you packed in some classics this week! Fun!

I've been surprised at how my ability to do simple things like download Chrome were held hostage by Microsoft's need to be needed. *sigh* I want to plug it in and make my own decisions, tyvm :(

Happy T Tuesday!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

We've always found Amazon to be very responsive to customer complaints. I hope they are doing so for you, Anne. Your description of CT roads made me smile. It sounds like Mexico!

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

P.S. Congratulations on hosting Sunday Postcard Art! Your bat postcard is very cute.

Meggymay said...

Teddy looks grand on the stone throne, I hope his subjects are behaving themselves.
I hope your computer gets sorted out how you want it to, it took me weeks to get used to my new one get organised.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late to the party. I can't seem to get it together this week. Teddy seems to be better prepared than I. He looks good on his throne and even better with the tea, his ticket to the party.

I remember traveling through Connecticut, too. It had so many turn arounds and ways to get lost. This was before GPS was so popular, but it still had me turned around at times.

How horrible about the new computer. I hope you finally get things going smoothly. At least yu seem to be doing better today than I, the host.

Thanks for sharing Teddy and his love of drink with us, along with your new computer for T this Tuesday, dear Anne.

Caty said...

Wonderful photograph from Teddy on stone Throne Anne !! He´s amazing. This is a very beautiful stone throne, and lovely house. I loove the photographs of the birds having a bath, they are so many, and happy. Fantastic miniature windmill, and the stone lighthouse is so lovely. Thanks so much for sharing your always espectacular photographs with us, I looove them. I have to say that the door of the brown redwood house is... strange.
I wish you spent a lovely T-day, and ohhhh you have seen a lot of movies!!
I wish you a very nice day,
Big hugs, Caty

Lisca said...

Congratulations on your new computer. New technology is always a learning curve. Unfortunately we don't have a much needed 14 yr old to show us how to use certain things. I hope you have someone to help you.
I went online to look at the Boothe Memorial park as I love architecture. Very interesting. I saw a video taking me through the clock tower museum and I read about the Tech cathedral with the slatted wood. Very interesting.
Teddy chose a very nice 'throne' to drink his tea-in-a-bottle.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

Teddy looks great on that throne! The trials of getting to grips with new technology are not envied here! Have a great week - hope you get out and about! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx