Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, February 3, 2020

"Romany Gypsy" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Take a Word challenge was "Gypsies."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.14.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

11 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

That's me! lol Seriously, on the rare times when "witch" was deemed inappropriate for Halloween I chose gypsy, and that -along with the tambourine- reminds me of how I tried to dress.

indybev said...

Lovely postcard, Anne. (And I love the bible verse. I wish He would make a calm of the storm in Washington right now!)

CJ Kennedy said...

Classic. I have since learned that gypsy is a derogatory term. The correct term is Traveler.

Tom said...

My fortune please.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

sirkkis said...

Love this beautiful, peaceful interpretation on the theme ❤️

Lori Saul said...

She is fantastic- love the colors!

My name is Erika. said...

I love her colored dress. I wonder if gypsies really wore such beautiful clothes. This is a great postcard Anne. It has such pretty colors in it. Hugs-Erika

Michele said...

this is beautiful. i love the touch of the musical notes in the background and such colors! xo

Deann said...

This is gorgeous love all the colors and patterns.

Sim said...

She is wonderful!
I adore the colours and the spirit of this all!