Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Magic Cookie Bars - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I made Magic Cookie Bars this week, using the Eagle Brand recipe, which I've also included in this blog post, with my additional notes:

Ingredients
        
non-stick cooking spray

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted (=1 stick / 8 tablespoons)
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (~1 11.5 oz bag)
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut (~2/3 of a 7 oz bag)
1 cup chopped nuts

Instructions

HEAT oven to 350°F.

Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.

COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl.

Press into bottom of prepared pan.

Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
(Maybe pour milk on last, on top of everything else?)

Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts.

Press down firmly with fork.

BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. (~18 minutes in my oven, on middle shelf.)

Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack.

Cut into bars or diamonds.

For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up with edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into bars.

VARIATIONS

SUBSTITUTE chocolate chips or nuts with candy coated pieces, dried cranberries, raisins, mini-marshmallows, butterscotch chips, or peanut butter chips.

11 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Thanks for including the recipe Anne. I love these. They remind me of my aunt who used to make them frequently. Yum. I can taste them in my mouth, and maybe I need to make a pan. Stay warm if you have this same cold, but luckily it isn't lasting much more than a day. Happy weekend-Erika

Tom said...

...I'd like to place an order!

Valerie-Jael said...

These sound yummy, thanks for sharing! Have a nice weekend, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

This sounds -and looks- delicious!

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks delicious. I've always wanted to make these, but Himself doesn't like coconut.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

All the best Jan

kathyinozarks said...

thanks for the recipe-Happy weekend

Mary said...

I love magic cookie bars! They are so delicious!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm liking the look of these, scrummy xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've made Flan using Sweetened Condensed Milk, so this sounds decadent and delicious.

Iris Flavia said...

From afar it looks like Flammkuchen, that I would love!
My sweet tooth is hibernating...