Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And Cocoa / Halloween Table Cloth" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past several weeks:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

I've been absent from T-Day for several weeks, for various reasons, with the main one being I didn't have enough time to be able to visit and leave comments for everyone. I've also been struggling with artist's block as we head into this year's historic Halloween, which will have a Full Moon on it.

A Full Moon only occurs on Halloween every 18 to 19 years. Because it is also the second Full Moon in the same month, it is a Blue Moon. The next Halloween Full Moon won't happen until 2039! And because the Full Moon that occurs closest to the September equinox is always called the Harvest Moon (October 1, 2020), the second Full Moon in October is called the Hunter’s Moon (Halloween, October 31, 2020).

Halloween Full Moons / Blue Moons (October 31, 2020, 2039, 2058, 2077, 2096)

I've been looking forward to this special day for months. I'm hoping the weather is clear, so that I can get photographs.

I did get some time to go out and take Fall foliage photos:

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved

Unfortunately, due to an unusually low amount of rainfall this year, Connecticut still has D0, D1, D2, and D3 drought conditions. (United States Drought Monitor - Connecticut)

18 comments:

Mae Travels said...

The Halloween Blue Moon is definitely a neat phenomenon. People who aren't moon watchers often post photos of Halloween scenes with a full moon in the sky (or behind the flying witches), but they don't pay attention to how rare it is!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Chocolate and raspberry. Yum! Teddy has good taste, and he looks handsome posing on the fun Halloween tablecloth. I know you said you think the Fall foliage in your area looks dull this year because of the drought. I think the colors look vibrant and beautiful. Wouldn't the little house by the waterfall make the perfect cottage for a Hansel and Gretel story? Glad you and Teddy are back. Take care and Happy T Day

Iris Flavia said...

Raspberry! That sounds yummy, Teddy, enjoy!
Thank you for the reminder of the full moon, I´ll keep that in mind - happy T-day to you!

Mary said...

Raspberry cocoa... That sounds yummy Teddy! I think your fall foliage photos are beautiful. The leaves are mostly on the ground here now and sound crunchy underfoot. I hope you get clear weather or minimal clouds for full moon photos on Halloween. This is very exciting!

Tom said...

...smile Teddy!

Let's Art Journal said...

The rapberry hot chocolate looks delicious, I hope Teddy shared some with you ...lol 😀. So lovely to see you here again for T Day and I loved hearing about the moon this Halloween, I hope the skies stay clear as it will be so exciting to see! The autumnal scenes are gorgeous, loving the different coloured leaves - beautiful. Take care and happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

DVArtist said...

Glad you are back. Yum chocolate and raspberry. The photos are lovely. Enjoy your day.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Teddy is already for halloween-I love your fall photos very much, I forgot about the full moon coming up-thanks Happy T wishes Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

Your Autumn photos beautifully capture the season. I'm also looking forward to this very special Halloween. Happy T Tuesday!

Eileen Bergen said...

Thank you for the full moon information, Anne. I'll be watching for this very special one.

Lovely photos.

Happy T-Day. Stay safe and stay well. Hugs, Eileen

Linda Kunsman said...

That cocoa sounds delicious- and as it is starting to turn cold here it will be a welcome hot treat:) Your fall foliage photos are beautiful. And I do hope you get some special photos of the moon- fingers crossed we will have a clear night to enjoy it. Happy T day!

Karen said...

Wow ~ A full Blue Moon on Halloween! That will be exciting ~ Enjoy!

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful pictures of the fall foliage! Perfect for framing.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Glad you are back Anne. I have missed Teddy and his drink related items. Hope you are having a good week and we don't have clouds on Halloween. That would be a shame. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Teddy is looking good. I'm hoping I can see the full moon from my balcony, without clouds. We shall see! Stay well, stay safe, Valerie

LA Paylor said...

full moon! Glad you got and and visited so I could find your blog!
LeeAnna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am leaving this generic message for everyone who visited and participated in T Tuesday. I want to thank you for visiting. You may have noticed I was offline off and on for three days. I kept losing electricity. Each time, I was able to visit a few people before the electricity went out again. The third time, I was leaving a comment for Valerie when I heard a huge BOOM. There was a flash of light, the windows and walls shook. It felt like an earthquake to me, but it only lasted a second or two. I believe they have finally fixed the electricity in my neighborhood. I won’t know until I get to explore the internet, but it may have been very local. I know I saw two bucket trucks driving up my street less than an hour after it happened. With no heat, the temperatures both nights dipped into the mid-20s F (low 4s C). Thanks for your participation and thanks for hopefully understanding why I was unable to visit for T this week.

Sharon Madson said...

I love your Fall Foliage photos, they are beautiful. I missed you and Teddy last week.
Have a great week!