Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Bench" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Mill Hollow Park in Fairfield, CT a few weeks ago. Teddy always enjoys looking at the water.

I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, and Teddy pointed out there is a full bar in this magazine photo of The Blind Rhino in Bridgeport, CT, along with a rhinoceros mural. Teddy also said he thinks this recently opened bar is in the same place where a certain someone, who shall remain nameless, used to go out dancing in her younger days, when it was the Sandbar Cafe, which closed quite awhile ago:

© All Rights Reserved

The weather was mostly rain this past week.

On a sunny day, I took photos at Hammonasset State Park and Perry's Mill Pond.

For my creative side, I made Love on the Stairs and Sea Siren.

I finished reading The Circular Staircase by Mary Roberts Rinehart, a murder mystery which I enjoyed.

I read She Faded Into Air by Ethel Lina White, another mystery that I liked.

Over the weekend, we watched Night at the Museum (2006) (DVD), Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009) (DVD), Presumed Innocent (1990) (DVD), The Lady Confesses (1945), and Somewhere in the Night (1946) (DVD).

We also watched Alien: Covenant (2017) (DVD), the sequel to Prometheus, both of which were prequels to Alien. Prometheus failed to explain the crashed space ship found in Alien, and Alien: Covenant was a waste of two hours of my time that I will never get back. I don't recommend watching either of those two movies (Prometheus and Alien: Covenant).

We started watching Dead End (1937), but we shut it off because we didn't like it.

22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like another full and fun week, Teddy likes to be out and about and even knows all about bars....Happy T Day, Valerie

Mia said...

Teddy looks soooooo comfortable on the bench!!!!!!! And I love the movie Night at the Museum. Happy T day, Anne.

kathyinozarks said...

sounds like you have been pretty busy this past week lots of rain here as well Happy T wishes Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy is so adorable. I just want to give him a hug. Your week was busy. Prometheus sounds familiar. Did that have to do with mining? If it did, I didn't like that movie either. We had a gorgeous weekend and more rain on the way today, but the weekend sounds like it will be nice. Happy T Day.

Linda Kunsman said...

nice to get at least one day of sunshine. So much rain everywhere lately. Reading and watching movies- always enjoyable. Happy T Day!

J said...

Sounds like Teddy doesn't mind scary films unlike me, LOL
Happy T Day
Jan x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful view Teddy has this week! It sounds like you've had a lovely time out and about too 😀. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would like to be sitting alongside Teddy! Or watching movies with you! Enjoy your week!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a gorgeous view! Too bad Teddy won't be able to experience the bar as it used to be, but maybe Teddy can dance at the new place :)

I haven't seen Lady Confesses or Somewhere in the Night but am bookmarking them in my noir/crime folder for later. The Internet Archive is down for maintenance, or I might go ahead and start one now lol I'll take your advice on Dead End -so many movies, so little time. I remember seeing Prometheus and thinking that though it wasn't really a direct prequel it filled in some of the history nicely. I haven't seen Alien: Covenant and won't unless somebody puts it in while I'm sitting here ;)

Happy T Tuesday!

Halle said...

You certainly have kept busy! Happy T day!

carol l mckenna said...

So adorable ~ Teddy on the bench ~ lovely post and photos ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Out of frustration, I am at my neighbor’s house across the street using her computer. I told her I would be brief and leave this quick message. I have been without electricity AGAIN, this time for over 18 hours. I can’t ask my foodie friend Sally, because she lives on the same side of my street and her electricity is out, too. I will be by to visit once my electricity has returned, but for now, please be assured, I would be sharing a drink with you right now, if I could. Thanks for understanding.

Sharon Madson said...

Glad you got a photo of teddy looking out over the water. Looks like a nice place to be. As for movies, I watched a couple I had never heard of before:
Kate & Cupid, and The trouble with Harry It was an old Alfred Hitcock with Shirley McLain, John Forsythe & Ed Wynn. Remember Ed Wynn as Santa Claus in 42nd Street? Just thought I would share. Happy T Day!

Meggymay said...

Teddy sure knows where to sit to get the best views, thwy were super photos.
It sounds like you have enjoyes a few good films and some not do good this week. ThT Hs to be a plus being able to see them in the comfort of your own home.
Happy T day wishes Anne
Yvonne xx

Kate Yetter said...

The Night at the Museum movies are favorites of ours! A great way to spend the weekend.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

froebelsternchen said...

Teddy is not just cute but very clever as well. Happy T-Day!

johanna said...

if you were here now, teddy would urgently need an ubrella against the sun! we are inmidst of a sahara heatwave... happy t-day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm back. Wanted Teddy to know what a sweetie he is, and to thank him for sharing that bar that gas drinks. Seems he brought up some old memories, too.

You had a very busy week, and read a couple of mysteries I wish I had time to read. Thanks for sharing Teddy, his found bar, and your week with us for T this Tuesday.

Conny said...

Such wonderful pictures!

Bill said...

Teddy sure knows where the beautiful views are located and he has the bench all to himself. :)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your teddy sure gets around. Bet he's great company too. Have a great week, Angela xXx

froebelsternchen said...

I LOVE Teddy! Happy belated T-Day Anne!