Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy On Bear Statue" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Those are more photos of Teddy that I took during our trip to Lakeview Cemetery in New Canaan, CT a few weeks ago.

I was sick with a mild head cold for the second half of the week. I've had worse ones, and it's still lingering, but overall, it was pretty mild, as far as colds go. I needed a ticket into this week's T-gathering, but Teddy was still grousing about last week. However, because I was sick, he agreed to pose with this magazine photo showing a table set for a Summer party:

  © All Rights Reserved

The week was mostly sunny and pleasant, with a little rain.

For my creative side, I made mail art, dragonfly, contemplation, grim reaper / satyr, travel / map, and two similar wedding day postcards.

I didn't take any photos, due to being sick, but I did re-post photos I took in Sleepy Hollow, NY in 2017, for Second on the 2nd.

Over the weekend, we watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) (DVD), Solstice (2008) (DVD), Basic Instinct (1992) (DVD), Panic in the Streets (1950) (DVD), The Great Gatsby (2013) (DVD), and The Brain Eaters (1958).

I agree with others, who said they liked the 1974 version of The Great Gatsby better than the 2013 version. Seeing both versions made me decide to read the actual book. Both versions mostly followed the book, but both made minor changes. One problem I still have is with them driving the other's car, to go to NYC. After reading the book, I have concluded it was a plot contrivance, for what happened later, because it never made sense to me when it happened in the movie, and the book matched the movie for that scene.

Some of the songs that I liked from the 2013 version:

Young And Beautiful - Lana Del Rey

Together - The xx

16 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Teddy sure gets around and is always having fun.
so sorry for your head cold those are no fun at all-hugs.
Take care of yourself and Happy T wishes hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad Teddy came out of his sulks and posed for you. He's sitting on a nice bear. Hope your cold is soon better, colds are no fun at all. Happy T Day, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Cute pic of Teddy on the bear sculpture. Hope that cold goes away real soon. Happy T day!

Tom said...

...taking a ride!

Meggymay said...

A wonderful photo of Teddy taking a rise on the back of the bear. He looks quite happy there.
I hope you will be feeling better soon, summer colds are hard to cure, they seem to linger.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes! I love Teddy riding that bear! Teddy would fit in well at that summer party. Perhaps he should host one :)

It's always interesting, I think, to compare movies with each other and with the book they're based on. I'm bookmarking Panic in the Streets (I found it at the internet archive) and The Brain Eaters for later. Thx!

Happy T Tuesday

johanna said...

brave teddy sitting on his very big relative:) happy t-day!

Let's Art Journal said...

The bear statue looks amazing and that's such a fun photo of Teddy who looks right at home catching a ride through the park ...lol 😁. I hope you are feeling much better soon! Wishing you well and Happy T Day to you and Teddy! Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Teddy looks pretty happy on that bear. No sulking there. He also looks pretty happy with the magazine of the summer party, too. Glad he is over his sulk. Thanks for sharing photos of Teddy and the drinks with us for T this Tuesday.

I was lost on the Gatsby thing. I've never seen either movie, or read the book, so I was totally clueless! Glad you enjoyed and understood it, though.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I hope you're back to 100% soon, Anne. You're lucky to have Teddy to pitch in when you need help

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Bill said...

Teddy visits his relatives and has a grand time. :)

My name is Erika. said...

This is a belated T day wish Anne. Oh I love that bear statue and think I would like that, someday, when I need it. I missed the talk about the Great Gatsby somehow. I would have to rewatch the original from 1974 s I don't remember it very well, but of course the 1974 version has some amazing stars in it. I still liked the newer version and Dicaprio did a great job. I think none of them were very easy to folks though in the book. Hope it was a super T day and happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet Teddy riding the bear. Anything with Redford in it will be 100 times better than a later remake. For one thing, Redford can act. Great movie choices this week, too. Hope you're feeling better. Weekend weather sounds fantastic.

Lisca said...

Teddy must have been so pleased to be sitting on a large bear statue. I bet he wished he was that big!
So it was kind of him to pose with the magazine while you were a bit under the weather.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Caty said...

Wonderful photographs of Teddy Anne!! Really gorgeous. I hope you are fine now, and I wish you a happy belated T-day (sorry I´m late again)
Wish you a very nice Friday,
Big hugs, Caty

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is one proud bear xxx