Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, March 11, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy's Saint Patrick's Day Wish For Everyone" - Photograph

 © All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy wanted to wish the T gang a Happy Saint Patrick's Day, by showing everyone this card. Teddy said the green tea cup with shamrocks in it counts as our ticket into the gathering this week.

Once again, I found Teddy looking through a magazine that came in the mail addressed to me. Teddy asked me how come we don't have a yard and gardens that look like this. I told him I don't know how I got on the mailing list for this magazine, because only rich people can afford the lawns, gardens, and homes shown in it.

 © All Rights Reserved

This past week I went to the Bellarmine Museum of Art at Fairfield University in Fairfield, CT. The small museum is located in the basement of Bellarmine Hall. I've gone to this museum a few times in the past, but this was the first time that I noticed how stunning the architecture of the building itself was. I need to visit here again when everything turns green, to get more photographs.




I mailed a postcard to Lisca and it should get to her in a week (according to the US Post Office). (Note: I mailed the postcard Thursday early afternoon, 3/7, and Lisca emailed me to tell me it arrived Monday morning, 3/11.) I still have artist's block so I haven't created much artwork this week.

After last Monday's snow, the temperatures here turned unseasonably cold with wind chills on top of that, so it's been quite unpleasant. Sunday we got a rain storm that began as snow and sleet.

We watched IT! The Terror From Beyond Space (1958) (part 1 and part 2), which the plot of Alien (1979) borrowed heavily from.

23 comments:

Tom said...

...that time of year is quickly approaching.

carol l mckenna said...

That Teddy is soooo adorable ~ great for T

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Valerie-Jael said...

Your teddy seems to be very wise, perhaps it comes from all that reading. Sorry the weather is so unseasonable cold over there. It's stormy and wild here this week. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Anne. Your teddy certainly knows a nice garden when he sees one. Great photographs of the gorgeous building too. Hope you manage to have some creativity this week. Hugs, Angela xXx

kathyinozarks said...

We had some really really cold days too last week, but finally it has warmed up a bit-hoping that is the last of winter for your area.
nice to be able to visit the museum-I enjoyed photos at the link.
Happy T Day Hugs Kathy

Meggymay said...

Well Teddy does seem to like going through your mail. His choice of garden would be many peoples dream, but not for me, far to tidy and ordered.
The museum you visited looks really interesting as well.
I hope your weather doesn't get worse, its very stormy with gals where I live in the UK.
Happy T day wishes Anne.
Yvonne xx

johanna said...

your teddy always puts a smile on my face:) happy t-day!

My name is Erika. said...

You could always tell Teddy if he wants a fancy garden like that he can start flexing his muscles. Hee-hee, smile. They are gorgeous but are more for looking at. I hope you have a super T day and thanks for sharing your photos from the museum at Fairfield University. Happy T day Anne. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Teddy and his teacup card are too cute. I usually call those types of magazines Better Homes Than Yours. :-D The weather seems to be improving this week. Hopefully the snow pack will melt soon. Which IT? The made for TV movie with Tim Curry as Pennywise or the new one that came out in theaters last year? I haven't seen the new one. The book scared the willies out of me. I hate clowns and spiders. Happy T Day. We all float down here :-D

Linda Kunsman said...

and a happy St. Patty's day to Teddy and you too! I love looking at beautiful gardens but know it's something I have no wish to create on my own(nor could I -no green thumbs!). Love going thru museums, and yes, admiring buildings too. Happy T day!

Jeanna said...

Hi Teddy, you're welcome to join us in the parade this week, come on by.

Kate Yetter said...

What a beautiful museum. It looks like a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

Happy T Day to you, and Happy St Patrick's Day to Teddy!

Lois said...

Hopefully you will see some warmer weather soon. Teddy is so cute!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love that adorable tea cup and saucer with the shamrocks that Teddy shared. He is quite savvy and cute as a ..............teddy bear!!!

I loved the photos from the University and I understand how this weather can be so hard on us. I'm having trouble keeping my internet going tonight, so sorry if I am brief. Thanks for Teddy making this a very special T this Tuesday.

chrissie said...

Thank you teddy and Anne for sharing the ST Patrick's day card. I am one quarter Irish so love to see any celebrations of the dear country.

It will be good revisit the special place when it gets greener--I look forward to seeing more photographs

Have a great T Day

Love Chrissie xx

J said...

Chrissie I don't envy you that weather! Happy St Patricks Day to you both

Jan x

J said...

Sorry Anne on my earlier comment I called you Chrissie, a senior moment as I saw Chrissie's comment above and for some reason called you by the wrong name
LOL
Jan x
Have a great week

Eileen Bergen said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy T-day to you and Teddy! Eileen xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember that movie. When I looked back to see when I watched it I saw I had watched it on Google Video lol. That service is no longer available of course, and I've embedded the DailyMotion videos you found to replace my dead one. Thx!

Those garden magazines and catalogs are gorgeous, aren't they, even if we'll never have anything similar. I love art museums and look forward to seeing more photos of the Bellarmine. Happy T Tuesday!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a lovely St. Patrick's Day card and the museum that you visited looks wonderful 😁. Wishing you and Teddy a very happy T Day! J 😊 x

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's a lovely St Patricks day cup! They are setting up in town for an Irish festival! Love the book Teddy has there - the only garden magazine I buy is the May Gardeners World(a British publication) as it has a special offers of 2 for 1 garden visits that includes lots of place we like to visit! Happy T Day! Hugs, Chrisx

Klara S said...

On Sunday everyone will be Irish!