Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Second on the 2nd: New York City Christmas Reflections

This is my entry for Altered Book Lover Bleubeard and Elizabeth's "Second on the 2nd" theme. I made a day trip to New York City this past Christmas (December 2018), and found the extraordinary in the ordinary. (In hindsight, I wish I had also taken a photo of the green window, which made me think of Saint Patrick's Day, but it was very crowded with people at the time.) Below is the contents of my original blog post:

  © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took these photographs in New York City (Manhattan, NY) this past week.

The first two are Christmas windows in Saks Fifth Avenue. They had double reflections of the buildings across the street from them. There is an outer reflection, then an inner rounded snow globe effect reflection. The third is Saint Patrick's Cathedral reflected in the building next to it.

The first photograph is my entry for the following:

Weekend Reflections #482

13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also love reflection shots. Although I've never visited at Christmas, Manhattan is still a fond memory for me, as is St. Patrick's Cathedral and Saks. One of the things I miss is the famous toy store F.A.O. Schwarz, also on Fifth Avenue. From what I've read, the new F.A.O. Schwarz is a pale imitation of the original.

I adored your retrospective and it was a wonderful look back and a great memory for me, too. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos and great images with us for a second look on the 2nd. Of course, it was a first look for me!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful photos Anne, you caught the reflections so well. Happy 2nd on the 2nd, Valerie

Conny said...

Wow.. they are wonderful!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I have not been to NYC in years. I do enjoy their pretty Christmas window displays. Great reflection shots. Enjoy your day and weekend.
PS, thanks for visiting my blog.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fantastic photographs! Years ago my brother lived outside of NY. I went to visit for the weekend around Christmas time. My SIL planned we would take the train into the city, do some shopping, and look at all the decorations in the store windows. For some reason, my Brother didn't want us to take the train. So he said he would drive us in and around. And that's exactly what he did. Drove in. Zipped down streets. Over there is Macy's. Over there is Rockefeller Center. And then he drove home. :-D

kathyinozarks said...

awesome photos! I remember when I was a kid our parents always took us into chicago to view all the store front windows-they were amazing thanks for sharing-Happy second on the 2nd

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The reflections photo is amazing! I've never been to the city so this are fabulous to see! I'm sure it's beautiful any time you visit but especiall during the holidays!

Krisha said...

Loved visiting NY at Christmas time. These are fantastic photos!
Thank you for re-sharing them.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice reflections! How cool that you got to spent some holiday time in NYC. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...NYC is a city of mirrors, neat!

Lisca said...

I've never been to New York, but it is still on my list of wishes. Your photos are great (and the windows beautiful, colour coordinated). I like the reflection photo of St Patrick Cathedral.
Looking at yesterday's post and that of the day before, your postcards are beautiful. Do you print them at all? I've been thinking of making postcards, like you have done. I get images from the Graphics Fairy and from the Gecko girls, who give a free 'collage sheet' to anyone who asks at the beginning of each month.
Have a great weekend,
Lisca

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing impressions - wow!
Happy belated Second on the 2nd Anne!
Sorry that I am so late - was a bit busy the last days!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Anne.. so wonderful those photos!! Reflections of first one particularly is spectacular!
Thanks for sharing.. haven't ever been to New York but glad you had great day there. Save green room for next visit.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x