Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, March 4, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy Wearing a Mardi Gras Mask" - Photograph

 © All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

When Teddy realized this Tuesday fell on Mardi Gras, he started crying and carrying on that he wanted to be shown wearing a mask. After finding and downloading templates from several free sites, I settled on the Cat Mask from this site. Teddy originally wanted a more elaborate owl mask, but I ruled it out after printing a scaled down template to see how it fit him. When he started complaining the cat mask wasn't his first choice, I mentioned that Bleubeard might enjoy seeing it, and that seemed to appease him. I made a design for it, but unfortunately it printed a little darker than it looked on my computer screen. Teddy said he liked it, and plans to wear it all day.

We had several snowfalls over the past week. There was just enough snow to mess up the morning commutes Thursday (2/28) and Friday (3/1). Saturday morning (3/2) ended with about 4 inches of heavy wet snow. Teddy helped me shovel the driveway that day. Then more snow began around 4:45pm EST on Sunday (3/3), and by Monday morning (3/4) we had 5" to 6" of heavy wet snow. But NOAA's estimate said it was 9", which is possible. The snow plow guy comes when there is more than 4", but he never came, so I had to shovel everything myself. I did it in two sessions with a long break in between, because it was too much for me to do all at once. It's just another message telling me I need to move to a condominium because maintaining a house is too much for me now that I'm older.



Because of all of the unexpected snow each day, I didn't get to the grocery store this week, so I didn't have a new flyer with a potential drink to use as our ticket into the gathering. I ended up creating an art piece featuring a woman savoring a cup of coffee.



I've been struggling with artist's block again, so I didn't make much new artwork since last week. (I created the Mardi Gras themed pieces, that will appear starting at midnight 3/5, a few weeks ago, and scheduled them to post on the actual day, so they aren't recent.)

I made some medieval matchboxes using a free template. But I used whole images for each one, so there wasn't anything creative about designing them.

During the weekend, we watched Love from a Stranger (1937) and Mystery Street (1950). Both were good, classic old movies.

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a lot of snow. Happy T Day, Valerie

Lois said...

Teddy looks adorable in his mask. No snow here, but last night there were a couple of tornadoes that touched down in my area. It was scary!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving your teddy, he's so sweet. Hope you are managing to keep warm. Just windy and rain here today in the UK....thank goodness. Hugs, Angela xXx

Tom said...

...it's that time of year again.

kathyinozarks said...

wow you did get allot of snow-I am glad we didn't get much-the cold is still pretty brutal though here.
your medieval match boxes sounds interesting going to check out your links.
One of the reasons we are moving to the lake house is to downsize our property too-it is too much for us to take care of now.
Happy T hugs Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

I love Teddy's cat mask. As a cat lover, I think he makes an awesome kitty. Your woman savoring a cup of coffee is perfect thought I'm pretending she's having a lovely cup of tea. The snow Wed. night got my class cancelled. Good thing because 2 weeks ago, a surprise squall dumped a couple of inches on us and getting home from class was hazardous. Saturday's snow turned out to be a bit of a bust. (No complaints!) Maybe 3 or 4 inches. I was able to clear the driveway over 2 days. Last night's storm dumped a jackpot 13 inches of that nasty, pasty, heavy wet snow. Too heavy for me to handle. Himself is having mobility issues so any snow removal is beyond him. We hired a young couple to come and shovel or snowblow us out. They either have a lot of customers or the snow removal is taking them longer than they thought. It's after 7 pm, and we're still waiting. Good thing we had no place to go. Give Teddy a cuddle for me. Enjoy your T Day.

Linda Kunsman said...

Aaah yes, condo life gets better and better doesn't it...thanks Teddy and you Anne for sharing your week. Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Bleubeard is giving Teddy two paws up for the cat mask. You are correct that both of us adore Teddy's darling cat mask.

I can't believe that I missed the matchbox post. I checked it out and have to say I really like the images you chose. I've decorated match boxes before and stuffed them full of wonderful goodies for my swap partner. I think yours is so much prettier than mine, though.

I love your digital drink card. It is beautiful, and you may feel like your have artist's block, but I think you did a great job. It could be because you have been so busy shoveling snow, you had to focus there, rather than your craft space. Regardless, thanks for sharing this with us for T this Tuesday. Thank Teddy, too.

My name is Erika. said...

I like Teddy's mask. And maybe if he covers the eyes he can not look at all that snow. Just kidding as I say that but the last week has been pretty snowy-and wee have more now than in January. You look the same way too. Have a happy T day Anne. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

Love that mask! A great choice for teddy. We got a lot of snow as well but thankfully they have been followed by warm days and melting snow.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

johanna said...

it was good you made the photo clickable to enlarge - so we can see the really beautiful mask of teddy! happy t-day:)

Meggymay said...

I think Teddy looks great in his cat mask which is beautiful. It is also a fabulous drinks related card as well, I hope the aroma of the coffee is as good, she looks like she is savouring the moment.
Happy T day wishes and I hope you don't get more snow.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Lisca said...

I do feel for you with all that snow. And then to think we have our carnaval parade in the blazing sunshine!
The mask looks very pretty on Teddy. Well done for decorating that. Are you going to wear it tonight?
Your artwork with the lady drinking coffee is beautiful. It looks a bit art nouveauish. Lovely.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Lisca said...

Thank you so much for offering to send me a postcard. I would loooove a postcard from you. I have just sent you a message in your 'contact' section.
Thanks
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Mardi Gras to you and Teddy! I love the mask :) We're getting colder-than-normal temps but -except for a bit of snow flurry- no snow. It's too cold! I'm ready for summertime.

I love old movies! I'll hafta check and see if I've watched the ones you link to for my blog. Thx for the recommendation :) Happy T Tuesday

Eileen Bergen said...

Teddy made me laugh out loud today, Anne. He's such a card ;-)

The snow looks lovely when one doesn't have to shovel or drive in it. Your "Savory Coffee" postcard is lovely.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy looks so adorable in his cat mask! I'm loving the photo of the snowy winter wonderland too - brrr 😉. Wishing you and Teddy a very happy Mardi Gras and T Day! J 😊 x

Eileen Bergen said...

I just noticed Johanna' comment that the photo of Teddy is clickable to enlarge. So I came back just to say "Awww."

Sharon Madson said...

Love Teddy's Mardi Gras mask! Happy Fat Tuesday! (and T Day) :)

froebelsternchen said...

Wishing spring comes soon to you ! So much snow!
Teddy looks fantastic with his mask!
Happy T-Day!
Susi

Dianne said...

Teddy's mask is adorable! I am sure Elizabeth's felines will appreciate! sorry to hear about your artist's block...maybe some YouTube videos are in order? they usually make me want to try something new. Lovely digital art you've done. Hope you get your mojo back soon! Happy T day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

So sorry to see all that snow! I hope we've seen the last of ours! Teddy looks so smart in his mask! Belated Happy T day!Chrisx

Mary said...

Teddy looks quite dashing in his Mardis Gras mask! We got quite a bit of snow here in central Connecticut over the weekend. I didn't measure Monday morning but it was over my boots and almost up to my knees so I'd say we got about a foot.