Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Thursday, March 7, 2019

"Mail Art (For Lisca)" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I made a mail art piece for the backside of a postcard. Lisca receives postcards from people all over the world, so I asked her if I could send her one of mine, and she said yes. I mailed the postcard today (3/7/2019), so it will be interesting to see how many days it takes for her to receive it. The US post office told me it would take about a week. (The front side of the postcard is this.)

I created this using GIMP 2.10.8.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

9 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

How fun. I love the vintage plane pull the Par Avion banner. Clever.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGoodness, Anne. I love this and I especially love the plane taking the postcard overseas, and the beautiful zebras, too. I KNOW Lisca will love it, and I also know we will get to see it either at Friday Smiles or T Tuesday. It is wonderful.

carol l mckenna said...

Oooh love mailart ~ very creative!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Anne, Lisca is going to love this. I visit her blog on a Friday so will watch out for it. Have a great weekend my crafty friend, Angela xXx

Bill said...

Very cool and so appropriate for sending overseas.

Tom said...

...it's too bad a written note has become less and less common these days.

Lois said...

I love those little birds!

My name is Erika. said...

I like this mail art page a lot! the birds and the planes are a nice contrast Anne. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Eileen Bergen said...

I love it, Anne! I'm curious to hear how long it takes too. When I send mail from Mexico, it takes about three months (ridiculous!) to get to Europe even by air mail and a couple of weeks to get to the States. Eileen xx