Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Friday, July 7, 2023

"Censorship Is Good" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I made this art piece / cartoon back in 2022, as I watched the US Government censor what could and could not be said on Social Media platforms and some Americans defended and supported that action.

But I didn’t post this because I was intimidated into silence by online people who claim to be the tolerant, "hate has no home here" "diversity is our strength" "all are welcome" "words hurt" people attacking me for not agreeing with their opinions. (See intolerant, hateful bully Tom do that to me here.)

But now that a U.S. District Court has granted an injunction against the federal government's "far-reaching censorship campaign", I have decided to post this art piece. But I also have faith that the US Supreme Court will agree with the "tolerant people" in this country and overturn that decision, and rule that censorship by the US Government is good.

My piece is a "cartoon" in the same vein as Charlie Hebdo cartoons. (Their "cartoon" offended me, but apparently some thought it was "funny" so, I too, can make cartoons that others might find offensive.) My piece and words are also free speech that is protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. (Well, it used to be, prior to the ascension of the US Government Ministry of Truth dictating to Social Media Platforms which of their users need to be banned for "misinformation" as defined by the Government.)

I created this using GIMP 2.10.34

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

2 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I was so thrilled that finally someone is doing something about our government silencing us, fact checking etc-a good start towards righting all the wrongs

My name is Erika. said...

Censorship is not good, BUT as I write that, there are a lot of people out there who feel that violence and their views are more important that the good of society. I agree with you that there does need to be some censorship of some of the rhetoric. Just the fact you feel you had to be silenced because of those "tolerant" people is a good case in point.