Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Reply to Tom the Intolerant Hateful Bully

Reply to Tom the Intolerant Hateful Bully

"How ironic" that an intolerant, name calling bully named Tom would leave me a disparaging comment, without having the courage to provide a link back to him, for me to be able to reply directly to him.

Apparently I’m only allowed to have an opinion if it agrees with Tom’s opinion, otherwise his hateful side comes out, and he disparages and berates me with assumptions about me. And he sought out my blog: I didn’t leave a comment for him first, nor do I know who he is, due to his cowardice.

Tom called me an "antivaxxer" so apparently he assumes I did not get the covid-19 vaccine, because "antivaxxer" is an acceptable slur for the "tolerant" to use.

And what did I do to offend Tom? I dared to express MY opinion on MY blog about the New York City Dec 31, 2022 New Year's Eve Celebration / Times Square Ball Drop happening once again, just like it did in 2020, when the "Never Forget 9/11/2001" memorial service (in September 2020) was canceled, despite covid-19 cases in New York City being significantly higher at the end of December 2020, compared to September 2020. And this time, in 2022, New York City has a "Tridemic" that is "overwhelming healthcare systems", but even that wouldn’t interfere with the money to be made at this annual event.

Entertainment is Non-Essential. When the covid-19 lock downs began in the United States in 2020, the list of Essential Businesses that must remain open was much longer than the list of those Businesses that were Non-Essential. Facts aren’t "resentment and cynicism", they are FACTS. The Times Square Ball Drop is Entertainment.

In the past, slurs were used about groups of people, to denigrate them. Present day people now declare that those slurs are offensive words to use, yet some of those same people think using slurs like "anti-vaxxer" and "anti-masker" is acceptable to do.

I can find common ground and admire people’s artwork, photographs, etc. even if I don’t agree with some of the opinions they express on their blogs, because I don’t expect everyone to agree with all of my opinions, nor do I require them to. But the same has not been shown to me, by some of the bloggers who claim to be the tolerant, good, "nice" people.

People like Tom are the reason why last year (2022) I made my blog private and disabled comments for awhile. Because some of the people who claim to be the tolerant, "hate has no home here" "diversity is our strength" "all are welcome" "words hurt" people, are actually intolerant, sanctimonious haters of anyone who doesn't agree with their opinion.

I don’t claim to be anything, nor do I preach about "strive to forgive and to love" the way Tom does. If people want to make assumptions about quotes that they see on my blog, they are the ones assuming what meaning, if any, those quotes have to me.

This is the comment that Tom left me, on my "New Year's Eve" blog post:

Tom said...

    How ironic the antivaxxer finds fault with NYC having a NYE celebration and posts negative Covid rant to start off the new year? Reject resentment and cynicism that bothersome fly that keeps coming back. If we do not strive to forgive and to love then we will not be forgiven and loved either.

    Proverbs 18:21 KJV – Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
    December 31, 2022 at 8:09 AM

8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm saddened to read that comment that was left on your blog. Obviously you both diagreed, but it's OK to do that without people leaving such negative comments. I do want to wish you a happy new year Anne. I hope the rest of the year brings you nice blogging comments. And nice postcard in your last post too. That's where I was going to post until I saw this.

Iris Flavia said...

I think that dude wanted just that: attention.
I just delete such (luckily rare) mean comments.
Not worth a second thought, Anne.
My two cents and this is no offense - I had that, too, and boom - rubbish-bin.
One came back several times... rubbish-bin, dude gave up.

Such sad, lonely creatures, huh.
They might find friends if they were nice...

Iris Flavia said...

P.S. I love your background! Here, fishy :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This comment is for TOM who will probably never see it.

Tom, you wrote and I quote "If we do not strive to forgive and to love then we will not be forgiven and loved either." Perhaps you should take some of your own advice.

Unlike you, I am NOT afraid to share where I blog. You can find me at https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/ We are Bleubeard and Elizabeth, but leave Bleubeard out of it, because he believes everyone should love and be loved. He's a bit of a pacifist. I, on the other hand, believe bullies need to be stood up to.


Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Here's to a fabulous start to 2023, Anne. You have created some beautiful art this year already. Sorry I haven't had time to leave comments on all of them.

People can disagree. Heck, I disagree with a lot of my blogger friends at time. HOWEVER, I do NOT leave hateful and insidious comments and I never refer to the bible to make my point.

kathyinozarks said...

The world is full of hateful people probably from the beginning of time it's been this way. I still will never go to that other person's blog that was nasty to me and to you as well-It is good to stand up to these bullies and let it be known.
hugs from the lake and Happy New Year

Stewart M said...

It does seem that Covid has shaken a few people so badly that all sense of proportion has been lost. I am fully vaccinated, and have been called a 'sheep' (and much worse) as a result.

We need to hold our own ground without feeling the need to desecrate the ground that is not ours to claim.

SM

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Stewart,

Unfortunately there are intolerant, hateful people on both sides of the covid-19 vaccination issue (covid-19 fully vaccinated or not covid-19 vaccinated), so I’m sorry to hear you’ve also been subjected to name calling as well. One time while out walking on a trail, wearing my mask, someone approached from the other direction, not wearing a mask. Before he got too close to me, he told me he was fully vaccinated. Our exchange was cordial and pleasant. I didn’t make any assumptions or critical judgments about him based on him not wearing a mask, nor did he make any about me wearing a mask. And he didn’t need to explain his actions to me: I think everyone should do what they feel safe with doing. To this day, I still haven’t dined inside a restaurant since the covid-19 pandemic began, even when the US CDC said it was safe to do again, because I’m deciding for myself what I think is safe or not safe for me, but I also don’t judge anyone else for not doing what I’m doing.

Anne