Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

"T Stands For Teddy, Tea, and Spooky Trails Book" – Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

As many of you might know, ghosts, haunted locations, etc. are a favorite subject of mine. I have never experienced anything supernatural, but I enjoy searching for it during my Haunted Explorations of (allegedly) Haunted Places.

I received the non-fiction book Spooky Trails and Tall Tales Connecticut: Hiking the State's Legends, Hauntings, and History by Stephen Gencarella, as a Christmas gift this year. (He also has a similar book for Massachusetts).

He combines historical facts and tales with the actual locations where one can go hiking. He presents the information in a fun way, and made me chuckle a few times as I read this book. Many of the haunted stories seemed to be created (or revived) to boost tourism in the state in those places, in the early decades of the 1900s, which was interesting to learn.

I'm hoping to get to some of the places he mentioned as hiking outings with Team T, this Spring. Although Connecticut is one of the smallest states in the US, some of the locations are somewhat far from where I am, so they would have to be planned as day trips. Teddy is already saying the ghosts are real in all of these places, and we need to go find them! I told Teddy he should write his own book, titled Teddy Tall Tales. ;-)

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds like an interesting book, have fun checking out the different places soon Happy T

My name is Erika. said...

That book sounds like a good planning tool for some nice weather outings. Even if you don't get to see any ghosts, outings are always fun. It's good to see Teddy too. And we've got that same bitter cold-they say with wind chills we could (maybe, depending where you are) feel like -50. I think it will be hang out next to the woodstove time. Happy T day Anne.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

There is a place in southern Missouri that is SO famous, it has been studied by paranormal experts. It has been shown on TV several times, too. The place is said to be haunted and lights appear at random. It's even been documented. I hope you and Teddy have a day trip to find these places.

Thanks Teddy for sharing your mint medley tea and your ghost book with us for T this Tuesday.

CJ Kennedy said...

It's so good to see Teddy and the rest of Team T. I have missed Teddy. I look forward to traveling vicariously to these haunted places. I also love the idea of Teddy writing Teddy Tall Tales. Happy T Day!

DVArtist said...

Oh yes, sounds like something I would enjoy. How fun to get to some of the places mentioned in the book. Have a lovely day today.

Divers and Sundry said...

I look forward to joining you virtually for your spooky hikes. Right down my alley :)

Happy T Tuesday!

baili said...

You have created such adorable bunnies my friend! Loved them 💕

Books sound amazing

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjoy your book and your haunted hobby. Happy T Day to you and the Teddies,Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Hi Teddy!
Oh, yes, share your stories, I love visiting those places!
My top-scare was an old asylum, we needed to climb in there and I was there by myself trying to help the next in - some creepy 20 minutes (felt like forever, maybe it was but 15 minutes).

Amila said...

This sounds like an interesting book. Cute photo of teddies too.
Have a happy T day!

Kate Yetter said...

Love that mint medley tea, perfect for digestion and tummy troubles. Interesting book, although I have never heard of this.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Mae Travels said...

In the novel American Gods, author Neil Gaiman used those spooky places as a feature of the great adventure of Shadow Moon, the main character. I really loved the way he describes these places, which are like the ones in your book. If you haven’t read it, I recommend it. I think I have read it 3 or 4 times.

(NOTE: I DO NOT MEAN THE TV SERIES, it’s not a good interpretation of the book).

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

pearshapedcrafting said...

That sounds like a good idea - you go visit these spooky places and I'll just read about them. Looking forward to Spring. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

... always good to see Teddy :)

All the best Jan