Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, June 26, 2021

"Celestial Wish" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge theme was "If I Had A Wish."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.24.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

If I had only one wish for my country (and perhaps the world), it would be that people could see "the man behind the curtain" who foments Divide and Conquer. But the scales have tipped too far.

If I had only one wish for a loved one, I already used it, and it wasn't granted.

If I had only one wish for myself, I already used it, and it wasn't granted.

Because Nature is neither Good nor Evil. Nature is merely reproduction and survival of the fittest. (July 2016)


If (the world should stop revolving) - Bread
If the world should stop revolving
Spinning slowly down to die
Then one by one the stars would all go out

11 comments:

junemac2 said...

Beautiful as your work always is my friend. Hope you are well.
Hugs June x

Tom said...

...my wish is that you enjoy a beautiful day.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

She looks so earnest I am sure her wish will be granted whatever it may be.

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty postcard.

peggy gatto said...

Beautiful wishes along with lovely art!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your postcard and I enjoyed that Bread video, (not listened to that song in a long while).

All the best Jan

katrin said...

Looks simply gorgeous! Love the vintage-feeling (once more again). ;-)
Best wishes

Divers and Sundry said...

That song by Bread touches me. I remember when it came out and loved it then. Thanks for the fond memory :) Now, I'll go check and see if it's available to add to my Spotify playlist.

Your last post on the building collapse! It's much in the news here, and people are wondering about the construction and structural integrity of their own buildings. Such a tragedy :(

Deann said...

A lovely card Anne and beautiful true and profound words...thank you.

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely card Anne!

Mandy said...

wonderful postcard Anne, it was a difficult theme this week but you captured it beautifully