Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, February 1, 2021

Brown Bird During Snow Storm - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took that photograph through my window, of a brown bird that was under my bird feeder during the early hours of the snow storm. This poor bird just remained there, not moving, for awhile. I think he/she was wondering what was going on. By the time the storm was done, I got about 15" to 16" (38.1 cm to 40.64 cm) of snow where I live in Connecticut. Fortunately I didn't lose power.

Storm snowfall totals can be read here.

9 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad you didn't lose power. That poor little fluffy bird, probably wondering how to get to any seed that might be under that snow.

Mary said...

The poor little bird. Looks like he was puffed up to stay warm. I am not sure how much snow we got here as I didn't measure... maybe about a foot.

CJ Kennedy said...

Poor little thing all puffed up trying to keep warm

peggy gatto said...

So sweet!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww the poor little bird, he's trying to keep warm.

So pleased you didn't lose power.

Stay safe and warm.

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

I think that is some type of sparrow. I always feel bad for them birds during storms. And boy you got snow. I am sorry you got so much. Hopefully with these warmer temperatures it'll will melt quickly.

Iris Flavia said...

Poor wee one! We expect snow, too, but not THAT much!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

That is a lot of snow!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Hey...you got more than us but I figured you would. That little Sparrow is all puffed up insulating itself...jp