Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Thursday, April 9, 2020

"Sun Blotted Out" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

Note: No one out there will understand what this art piece means.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.14.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

Agnus Dei - Midsomer Murders TVST - Track 2 (Death of a Hollow Man)

Paint It, Black - Ciara

Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones

I see a red door and I want it painted black.
No colours anymore, I want them to turn black.
I look inside myself and see my heart is black.
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...the sun has been blotted out here today, it's raining and snowing.

CJ Kennedy said...

Now goth sonne under wode,-
Me reweth Marie, thy faire rode.
Now goth sonne under tree,-
Me reweth, Marie, thy sone and thee.
Index 2320 Bodleian MS. Arch Selden, supra 74 (EL XIII No.1.)

Bill said...

I like it but you're right, I don't know what it means. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

We have sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows here, but no butterflies. And I don't know what the art piece means.

My name is Erika. said...

These latest cards look great even though I don't know the meaning behind them. Hope you are staying dry today. Our rain has suddenly changed over to snow. Oh NO! Keep washing those hands. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I see a red door and I want to paint it black with the Death of a Hollow Man (Ep 3). I'm a HUGE Midsomer Murders fan. Super symbolism.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, my. No I cannot understand the words, either, but even without words it´s strong and leaves room to think about it.