Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

"T Stands For Teddy And Peppermint Chocolate Tea" - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts for awhile.

Teddy drank the Peppermint Chocolate Tea sample that was included in this catalog, and said it was delicious.

Weather-wise, it continues to be tolerable considering it's Winter. We might get some snow Tuesday night into Wednesday that is just enough to make the roads slick and cause problems, but hopefully not. Then by Saturday (01/11), it's supposed to get up to 56 F (13.3 C), which is above normal in Connecticut for this time of year, but I'll take it!

This past week, I got to attend a Quinnipiac University Bobcats men's ice hockey game versus the Harvard Crimson. I haven't been to an ice hockey game in a long time, so it was fun to see, and it wasn't too cold in the seats. The Bobcats won, 6 to 1. Toward the end of the game, the Harvard team became poor sports / sore losers, and started a few fights. Then, with only about 10 or 20 seconds left, one of their players decked one of our players, flipping him onto the ice, but the referee didn't see it. The fans did, and started booing. Other than that, the game had been enjoyable to watch and cheer on.

local news: Speaking of Quinnipiac University, this past week, a team of students there got to examine one of the possible Revolutionary War Soldier skeletons that was found in Ridgefield, Connecticut at the beginning of December 2019.   news article

Postcards: New Year's Eve, Happy New Year, Frida Kahlo.

Medieval theme 2020 Book of Days: The Book of Days 2020, Title Page, Journal Front Accordion Pocket, Journal Back Accordion Pocket.
© All Rights Reserved

Over the past week, we watched the following movies:

sci-fi movies:

Passengers (2016) (DVD) good

Geostorm (2017) (DVD) good thriller, but requires some suspension of disbelief

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) (DVD) okay, longer than necessary

Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018) (DVD) okay, had some implausibilities

action / thriller movies:

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017) (DVD) very good

211 (2018) (DVD) good, action packed, but some gory scenes

Speed Kills (2018) (DVD) okay. main character's (played by John Travolta) actions didn't make me care about him, and his plastic looking face (due to too many plastic surgeries?) was a distraction.

The Vanishing (Keepers, original title) (2018) (DVD) turned off. There should be a special rating for movies that have "home invasion" type brutality in them so they can be avoided by those who don't like that.

comedy movies:

A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014) (DVD) funny

Game Night (2018) (DVD) very funny

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You got a lot done in your week. Nice pic of Teddy, enjoy your peppermint chocolate tea. Happy T Day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Guess with Happiness Teddy does not mind double duty :-)
Weather-wise warm here, too, but what?! I clicked your link and this is what I got:
"Our European visitors are important to us.
This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws."
Maze Runner sounded tempting, but when just OK, I skip that!
A happy T-day to you.

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm not a big fan of peppermint, but I do love the Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. This tea sounds like thin mints in a cup. We had a few snow flurries on Monday. Didn't amount to anything and that's fine by me. I hope the predictions for Wed. fizzle, too, as Himself has an appointment in the morning. And I'm looking forward to the temps. this weekend. The Boston station I listen to said 60 degrees. That's like lunch in the sun room weather. Here's hoping. 🤞 Happy T Day

Tom said...

...how about just a cup of hot Chocolate?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

We always love Teddy and he has not only become YOUR spokes bear, he's also become the spokes bear for T Tuesday, too. So glad he liked the tea. It sounds delicious to me.

I'm always in awe of your digital art and you watched a LOT of movies. I don't have any, so I am sure it was enjoyable watching them.

Thanks go to Teddy for sharing his tea and for your week in review for T this Tuesday. I would LOVE to learn even more about those old soldiers, too.

Let's Art Journal said...

Teddy always chooses interesting teas and peppermint chocolate is one I would like to try too 😁. I hope you don't get too much snow and how wonderful to see ice hockey match - such fun! I'm loving your new year's eve postcards and that looks like a great selection of movies too. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Linda Kunsman said...

Teddy looks quite comfy:) I have had a chocolate tea- different brand and I do like it when you want a light taste and not as heavy as hot chocolate. The addition of mint sounds good too. Happy T day!

Krisha said...

Peppermint tea sounds inviting, love Teddy holding it.
Thanks for the movie reviews, I've been interested in a few of them, but won't wast me time now. LOL!
Happy T-day

Divers and Sundry said...

Passengers sounds like something I'd like. I enjoyed Valerian. I'll be checking out the others, thx!

Happy T Tuesday

kathyinozarks said...

Peppermint chocolate tea sounds delicious. we are warm here too for January-hope it stays that way too haha Happy T wishes Kathy

Meggymay said...

You have had another busy week Anne. Teddy has chosen a lovely flavour for your drink today it sounds really refreshing.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Kate Yetter said...

The Republic of Tea catalog is always a favorite of mine for browsing despite my only copy being several years old. Mint and chocolate sound like a great combination although I haven't tried it in a tea. I think I will have to get a new copy so I can give it a try.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Lowcarb team member said...

Teddy looks so cute :)
I haven't tried peppermint tea - but now you've mentioned tea, I think I will go and make a cup!

All the best Jan

Eileen Bergen said...

Busy week, Anne. I'm glad your team won, depsite the poor spotsmanship on the part of the Harvard team.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

My name is Erika. said...

I don't think that was the sample in my brochure. And I got a new one today. I haven't looked at it yet. Quinnipiac is a good hockey team. Maine played them earlier this year. The booing might have been at the refs. I wouldn't want that job as the fans never like them. And I think all teams have their moments of fighting. But enough of that. I think you had fun. That is the most important thing. I hope it was a wonderful T day and did Teddy share the chocolate peppermint T with you? Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Mint - yes, chocolate- yes but still not drinking tea - wish I could now with a flavour like this! Thanks for the film reviews- one of hubby's favourites there! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Mary said...

The peppermint chocolate tea sounds wonderful! My favorite is Bigelow I Love Lemon Tea. I have not been to an ice hockey game in many years but remember that it was fast moving and exciting.