Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, April 17, 2021

"Pastimes" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge theme was "Hobbies / Pastimes."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.24.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

My own quote: There is so little time to enjoy life, and then it's over, like falling leaves.

And when our worlds they fall apart
When the walls come tumbling in
Though we may deserve it
It will be worth it

Halo - Depeche Mode

11 comments:

Tom said...

...things were simpler back then.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Life is short to be sure. Enjoy every day - and remember that after every day we have one day less!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi loving this one. Happy weekend-Hugs Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Carpe died. No ice skating or sailing boats this weekend, but we could have gone sledding.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I remember once when I was very young, five or six perhaps, I stayed with an aunt, and she took me to the park to sail a little yacht on the pond. It's one of my very best memories of childhood.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your art is amazing. I was impressed by the young people in winter and summer. It was a great entry.

Divers and Sundry said...

How fun to see the different lake scenes in different seasons. I love how you put this together.

peggy gatto said...

Gosh this is such fun!!! Nice rating!

Deann said...

Beautiful pictures and I love your words...well done.

Mary said...

Wonderful postcard! Lovely vintage feel to this. With all the trouble with my shoulder from too much quilting, I think I need a new pastime!

Sandra Wright. said...

Your postcard is very nostalgic, it brings back memories of my favourite cousin. When our parents took us to the pond so he would sail his yacht, many happy memories. x