Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Thursday, January 20, 2022

American Robin - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took those photographs at Perry's Mill Pond in Fairfield, CT this past week.

Although normally the American Robin is my harbinger of Spring, it turns out a group of them actually remain in my general area year round. But they hang out closer to the shoreline, where it's a little warmer than inland. There was also what I think was a leucistic American Robin among this group, but I was unable to get a photo of it. Back in 2016, I had photographed a possible leucistic Robin in this general area.

4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

When I worked in Portsmouth I used to see them sometimes as its warmer there. It looks like you have good walking conditions too. We have too much ice. Ugh. Enjoy before it gets really cold again.

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, I was getting excited thinking we would be having an early Spring

David M. Gascoigne, said...

American Robin is more and more commonly remaining in the north in recent years. They exploit microclimates, and berries are an important food source. I see them here in sheltered ravines and woodlots during the winter, so I assume that the first spring sighting at my house represents a newly arrived migrant.

Divers and Sundry said...

They are year 'round residents here and always welcome. They even sometimes come to our feeders.