Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Friday, December 31, 2021

"Times Square Covid Ball Drop" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I created this using GIMP 2.10.28.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

Despite New York City having daily record breaking numbers of covid-19 cases, higher than they've ever seen before, even at the previous "height of the pandemic", their Dec 31, 2021 New Year's Eve Celebration / Times Square Ball Drop will happen, just like it did in 2020. I knew they wouldn't cancel it this year.

This year's "scaled back" New York City New Year's Eve extravaganza will be fifteen thousand (15,000) double vaxxed / triple vaxxed people converging in Times Square, wearing masks. Last year, despite covid-19 cases in New York City being significantly higher at the end of December 2020, compared to September 2020, the Ball Drop occurred, but the "Never Forget 9/11/2001" memorial service (in September 2020) was cancelled.

-----

I know who you are
I know where you're coming from

Call Me - Blondie (from The Conjuring)


Just listen to the rhythm of a gentle bossa nova
You'll be dancing with 'em too before the night is over
So go downtown

Downtown - Petula Clark


In a New York minute
Everything can change

(In a) New York Minute (Everything can change) - Don Henley


I Will Survive Covid-19 (dancing to a bossa nova in Times Square) - my variation on the Gloria Gaynor lyrics

(sung to the tune of I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor)

At first, I was afraid, I was petrified.
Kept thinking you might kill my loved ones, or maybe me.
But then I found out how Boris Johnson ignored the Rules.
And I grew strong, and I learned how to ignore you.

And now you're back... as Omicron.
I just walked in to see the news and their latest hysteria.
I should have bought that Pfizer stock.
I should have bought Moderna too.
If I'd have known for just one second you'd be back to bother me.

Go on now, go. Go see Fauci.
Just turn around now, and go see Daszak and Bill Gates.
Weren't they the ones who helped censor lab leak stories?
Did they think they'd fool me?
Did they think I'd believe their lies?

Oh, no, not I.
I will survive.
Unless their Big Pharma profit making clot shot kills me first.

-----

My piece is a "cartoon" in the same vein as Charlie Hebdo cartoons. (Their "cartoon" offended me, but apparently some thought it was "funny" so, I too, can make cartoons that others might find offensive.) My piece and words are also free speech that is protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. (Well, it used to be, prior to the ascension of the US Government Ministry of Truth dictating to Social Media Platforms which of their users need to be banned for "misinformation" as defined by the Government.)

I created this using GIMP 2.10.28.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

3 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am not anxious to be part of a large crowd under any conditions, let alone when the spread of disease is an issue. I will be quite happy to be in my own house.

My name is Erika. said...

Your postcards have started to say a lot lately Anne. Nice!!! I can't see the thrill of being in Times Square on New Years Eve myself. But I do love your last few postcards. I'm combining comments into 1. And I want to wish you a very very happy 2022, and a healthy one too! Creative wishes. Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I stayed home, but I tend to be a homebody anyway. Our test positivity figures are up here, but it's hard to know what that means given the accessibility of home tests that don't get reported. I heard someone say we should pay more attention to hospitalization rates.