Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

"T Stands For Teddy And Get Happy Halloween Tea" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

Some people wondered how I've been able to make artwork over the past months, with my hand injury. I'm right handed, and my left hand has the injury. My artwork is digital (using a mouse), although even if I painted (with a brush), the same would be true: I only use my right hand to create artwork. But many day to day tasks require both hands, which I didn't realize until my problem started. Even something as "simple" as taking photographs was impacted.

This week, I have the honor of guest hosting Sunday Postcard Art (SPA), and I chose the challenge theme "Pumpkins." October is Halloween month at SPA!

I also put up my indoor Halloween decorations, but I haven't taken any photos of them yet.

Seeing Nicole's (DVArtist) fantastic "Strange Art" last week inspired me to revisit the theme "Dada", but my endeavors with it more closely resemble an anatomy theme.

Meanwhile, Teddy has told me that if the brewing cargo ship / supply chain crisis impacts his supply of honey, "things" will get ugly around here, but he didn't elaborate further.

20 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

I'm glad you injury is improving. Funny, how we think we are left-handed or right-handed and don't realize how much we use both hands. I have enjoyed your Dada theme images. Tell, Teddy, I have some extra honey he's welcome to. Happy T Day

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I hope your hand gets fully functional again soon. Using the mouse with one hand is one thing, throwing your pizza dough quite another!

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, it's not easy not being able to use both hands. My hands shake a lot, so I have times when I can't do anything. I hope Teddy's honey comes on time! Happy T Day, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Teddy had me smiling for sure.
I messed my left hand 5 years or so ago-it can't be fixed the ball came out of the socket under my thumb I felt so blessed that it was not my main hand- the right one-I wouldn't be able to do any crafts. I am glad your left hand is getting better congrats on guest hosting. Happy T Hugs Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

So glad your were still able to create your art and I hope your your hand is getting better 😁. Many congratulations on your Guest Hosting and your pumpkin design is fabulous and fun! Teddy looks so happy too - Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Linda Kunsman said...

There's Teddy, and looking as adorable as ever! Hope it won't be much longer til you have full use of your hand- I can't imagine having to deal with that...
Here's hoping those cargo ships start moving along and teddy gets another supply of honey soon (along with all the other things people are waiting on)
Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

There are many things I do left handed better than right. I'm never surprised when I find I do something much better left handed than right. The only thing I do much better right handed is taking photos.

I think Teddy looks good holding onto the Get Happy tea canister. I am sure he will need the Get Relaxed if he doesn't get his honey.

I love your Dada themes. They turned out great. I also liked your SPA postcard.

Thanks for sharing Teddy and his take on Halloween tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Anne.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm with Teddy. The empty shelves have so far not impacted anything I need right this second, but it could get ugly if it gets worse. I have unopened honey I can send him in case of emergency, but I hope it doesn't come to that. Happy T Tuesday!

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm pleased that despite your hand injury you have managed to keep your art going ...

It seems worldwide there are supplies issues.
I hope Teddy's honey isn't affected.

All the best Jan

Mae Travels said...

I hope Teddy finds some local honey -- it's one item that's produced and available here all year, so we don't need cargo ships. In fact, I avoid "honey" from China because they adulterate it or even sell total counterfeit honey with no bees involved. That would horrify Teddy, I'm sure.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

Good thing you're right-handed and the injury is on your left hand. But still - sometimes you need both hands in art-making. How do you cut out something using scissors? That would be difficult with just one hand. I'm a knitter, injuring one hand would be awful...

Kate Yetter said...

That's great that your injury didn't affect your art. We certainly count on our hands and don't appreciate them until something goes wrong. Hope your recovery goes well.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you had a wonderful T day Anne. I'm a little bit behind since it ended up being such a beautiful day. That was a surprise. They were saying rain. I'm working on my Halloween decorations too, but it is slow with this nice weather. I hope you had a wonderful T day Anne. Hugs-Erika (say Hi to Teddy too!)

J said...

I’m pleased to hear that you can still craft, it’s funny how we can adapt but it’s all the other jobs that must be difficult although hopefully Teddy helps!
Who would have thought that honey might be in short supply, you will have to get your own bees
Happy T Day
Jan

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

nwilliams6 said...

Now that tea looks worth trying! Maybe you should stockpile a bit of honey just in case - sounds like Teddy means business. Hubby has stockpiled a few of his favorite things - it is a bit scary to think about. These past two years are not my favorite although I am really enjoying working from home. Happy T-day!!!

Empire of the Cat said...

Get relaxed and get some zzz's appeal to me at the moment. I could do with both of them. Hand injuries are so debilitating, I have some too on and off, and at the moment I can't pick up the kettle so it's frustrating. Hope yours get better soon. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

DVArtist said...

Thank you for mentioning me in your post. Strange art is fun and allows us to let all of the restrictions go. I love your art piece and thanks for the DADA link too. I am sorry about your hand. I hope it heals quickly and that you will be back to your normal.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well done for keeping up with your art but yes, the things that require two hands don't occur to us until the time comes. Hope you continue to make a good recovery. Supply issues are a nuisance and I do hope that Teddy can still get his honey! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see you again Teddy xXx