Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Pumpkin Seed Sprouts - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took those photographs of the pumpkin seed sprouts I'm growing.

I got that pumpkin grow kit when I went to the Christmas Tree Shops. It had 3 seeds in it, and this is what has happened so far:

Jul 5 - I planted seeds in starter pot.
Jul 9 - Sprouts were just starting to push up the dirt.
Jul 10 - Plants sprouted above the dirt. (Photo 1)
Jul 11 - Plants are now already 5" tall, and need to be separated and repotted! (Photo 2)
Jul 15 - Repotted the three plants in a single pot. (Note: they were approaching being root bound in the starter pot.) (Photo 3)

I'm excited and thrilled. Although it says it can take 120 days to get pumpkins, so that will be butting up against frost time here in Connecticut US. But I am hopeful.

10 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Nice

Mary said...

How exciting! I hope you get pumpkins before the frost!

CJ Kennedy said...

They look awesome. I hope the weather cools a bit so you can transplant the pumpkins outside. I hope you get at least one pumpkin.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I have never grown pumpkins but I don't think that a little frost is anything amiss for them.

My name is Erika. said...

Fun project. It would be cool to get pumpkins this fall, wouldn't it? Have a great weekend, even if they say more rain, at least up here in NH. Hope you have a different forecast.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun project! I hope you get pumpkins :)

Tom said...

...I have some pumpkins in my garden, this is new for me.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This sounds like a great project. I have never grown pumpkins, but I've never seen a starter kit that had three seeds and all of them developed into a plant. Good luck and let's hope you get at least ONE pumpkin out of the deal.

Jeanne said...

These are so cute and amazing how well they have grown so far. Keep posting pics of their progress would be cool to get some pumpkins by halloween!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Awww this is good.
I hope you get some pumpkins, or even one pumpkin :)

All the best Jan