Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Living Room Painting Complete - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

My "paint the Living Room" project is finally complete, but it took a lot longer than I expected. There were a lot of nooks and crannies that required cutting, in addition to roller painting. I love the yellow that I chose, but I don't think those photos quite do justice to the true color. It looks like the yellow seen in historic Colonial era houses. The two shorter walls and walls up the staircase are all white, and the two longer walls are yellow, except for the trim, which is also white.

My muscles and joints are very sore from all of the physical activity, so I've been offline while I've been working on this project. I'm behind on artwork, blog posts, approving comments, and emails. One thing led to another, as is often the case with a project, so now I'm also in the process of throwing out junk I've accumulated over the years, so I'll probably be offline for this week, and hope to resume my normal activities next week. (I had hoped to make this week's T-Day Party, but it looks like that won't be the case.)

7 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! It looks gorgeous! The yellow definitely looks like a historic colonial era color. I love the way you used 2 colors, yellow and white. Yes, one project definitely leads to another. I did some cleaning in the art/sewing/etc. room downstairs the past week and got rid of a lot of stuff I didn't need. It's amazing how stuff accumulates! Back and muscles are sore but it looks a lot better down there and I can find things now.

kathyinozarks said...

Great job!! painting is hard work especially as we get older hugs

CJ Kennedy said...

You did a great job and that color looks great. What happened to your little helper?

Tom said...

...our interior is long overdue for a paint job.

My name is Erika. said...

Looking really nice Anne!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That was a LOT of work, Anne. I can see how you are sore. It turned out great and you can really be proud of what you accomplished. I remember painting up the staircase in my last home and it was no fun and no picnic. Glad Teddy was there to help.

Mandy said...

it looks great Anne. always nice to have a new lick of paint. Amber's been doing my kitchen.