Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, January 21, 2019

"T Stands For Teddy Drinking Cocoa" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

Teddy is drinking cocoa after telling everyone that he shoveled the driveway (ahem) on Sunday, January 20, 2019, during the snow / freezing rain / rain storm. Teddy said he needs new boots because his are no longer waterproof, so his toes got wet and froze from the slushy mess he had to trudge through. Teddy also complained his hat wasn't Christmassy enough, and that he wants a red one. I told him beggars can't be choosers. (Note: I never lost power during the storm, so that was fortunate, because others in Connecticut did.)

Additional note: the sky cleared so I was able to see the Total Lunar Eclipse Blood Moon at 12:12am my local time. (I stayed up past my bedtime, to see it.) I have some photos here, but they didn't come out too good. But it was fantastic to see it in person!

18 comments:

Meggymay said...

This is a wonderful photo. Teddy would need his cup of cocoa after shoveling the snow.
It was a fun story you added but I hope your snowfall doesn't get any worse.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne

Linda Kunsman said...

awe, charming bear and pic. Luckily we in my area of PA only got an inch and a half of snow but the crazy frigid air and winds caused lots of icing:( I did stay awake and ventured out (albeit very briefly) to see that special eclipse and moon:) Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

It sounds like you didn't lose power Anne which is good news. I hope Teddy's feet dried out quickly and he enjoyed that wonderful cup of cocoa. I also saw some of the eclipse here too, but boy was it cold since I had to stick my head out the door to see it. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Krisha said...

I love your Teddy stories, and the hot cocoa looks good too.
I heard your area was getting hit with a lot of snow, it always makes me worry. I grew up in ND and know what all those forecasts mean. Hope you , and Teddy, stay safe and warm, and tell Teddy he looks quite dashing in his black hat!!
Happy T-day

Halle said...

You little bear looks delighted with his cocoa.
Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Poor Teddy. He may need new shoes before you know it, because it looks like round two is on the way later in the week for you. They are predicting two to four inches in KS, so by the time it gets to you, the snow and ice could have doubled. At least Teddy looks like he is warm now, and has been able to warm his paws around that beautiful mug of cocoa. I love everything about this, from the adorable bear (sans red hat, of course) and the delightful tale and back story. Thanks for sharing this with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a fabulous teddy. Nothing like a hot chocolate you up! Happy T Day! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A really fun photograph with a great back story. I hope your snow doesn't last too long

Have a great T Day

Love Chrissie xx

johanna said...

haha, give your teddy a big hug:)) happy t-(cocoa)day♥

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Teddy is too cute, Anne. I hope his feet - er - paws are all thawed out.

Happy T-day! Eileen

kathyinozarks said...

Very sweet Anne. So glad to read you did not lose power-that is such a plush during bad winter storms
Happy T hugs Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

Hot Cocoa is the perfect finish to shoveling the driveway. A job that certainly deserves a rest afterwards.
Our snowfall was very heavy due to all the sleet we received. I can't imaging shoveling it all. Thank goodness for a snowblower. It saves ones back as we have a very wide and long driveway.
Teddy is the perfect prop. :)
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Divers and Sundry said...

Ah, that Teddy suffers so ;) willing as he is to suffer for the greater good lol

I'm impressed by your eclipse photos, orders of magnitude better than the ones I got. Wasn't it exciting?!

Happy T Tuesday!

CJ Kennedy said...

I feel for Teddy. That was one nasty storm even though in Central Massachusetts my area didn't get as much snow as predicted an no ice. We didn't lose power. But the snow we did get was too heavy for me to shovel. Himself is having balance issues and back problems so he's can use the snowblower and that beast is too big for me to handle. I had to hire someone and glad I did. So Teddy, not only do you deserve the cup of cocoa, but I think you deserve a new hat, too.
=^,.^= Happy T Day. Stay warm!

Lisca said...

You are very fortunate. You didn't lose power and you have a teddy who does the shoveling for you. That is worth a new pair of boots I would say!
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Let's Art Journal said...

What an uplifting post and Teddy definately deserved his hot cocoa after shovelling all that snow 😁. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊 x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Poor Teddy, I hope his feet got warm quickly! I think your moon pics turned out well! Happy T Day!Chrisx

Sharon Madson said...

Ok, I commented back on t day, and it didn't get posted. I don't know why I have so much trouble posting comments. I guess I can't do it on my iPad at all, has to be done from my laptop which makes it more difficult. Anyway I remember commenting that I love your little adorable teddy with his hot chocolate. Happy T Day; glad I came back and checked!