Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Wet Leaf Covered Path - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I took  this photograph at Saugatuck Falls Natural Area in Redding, CT this past week.

I came here too late to get Fall foliage photos. As the cliche says, I was a day late and a dollar short, which pretty much sums up the story of my life. But no one likes to be around people who are pessimists with a gloom and doom outlook.

Think positive! Your thoughts become self fulfilling, so if you think negative, that will be the outcome. God never gives anyone a bigger cross than they can carry. That has to be the best cliche of all of them, right up there with turn the other cheek.

Thieves and liars win in this world. Just like in nature: it's survival of the fittest, and the fittest are also thieves. After all, when lions kill an antelope, they are effectively stealing it from the herd. And does anyone know a thief who is not also a liar?

I came to this place to try to rid myself of the demons that haunt me now more than ever. I can't undo what I did in the past. Nor can I forgive myself.

"It's a Wonderful Life" is one of my favorite movies. George Bailey was a negative gloom and doom thinker, so why wasn't his end a self fulfilling prophecy, instead of happy? I guess because the movie was fiction, but in real life, the only way to have good things happen to oneself is to imagine positive outcomes, right?

As I said, in real life, no one wants to be around negative thinking people. I understand, because I don't want to be around myself either.

I'm a hazard to myself don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself

Hazard To Myself - Pink

Deep inside me, I’m fading to black

Natural - Imagine Dragons

Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide
This is my kingdom come

Demons - Imagine Dragons

In 100 years, it won't matter.

No comments: