Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Friday, November 2, 2018

"Dia de Muertos" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

Today is Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead). I love the colorful skulls for this holiday. My artwork ended up coming out not quite the way the standard ones look, but I like the ghoulish creepy look of mine.

 I created this using GIMP 2.10.6.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

6 comments:

Lady Fi said...

Very nice.

kwarkito said...

I like this wonderful illustration

carol l mckenna said...

Creative and colorful post card ~ perfect for the 'Season'!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Small City Scenes said...

Nov. 1st---day of the dead and in Catholic circles it is All Saints Day
MB

Nancy Chan said...

Creepy card! Have a good weekend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had planned to stop by earlier and visit your blog. Sadly, time got away from me.

Your skull is truly unique and unusual. It is really colorful and I like the color contrast with the background. I've tried to use Gimp, and don't understand it at all. I will stick to Photoshop, but I will probably never be able to make anything that lovely as your skull. It made a great postcard.

One of the reasons I stopped by was because you wondered the significance of the tea cups on Tuesday in my monthly calendar. It's because I host a link-up each Tuesday where we share a drink and discuss anything that interests us. I've participated for about nine years and hosted for over five years. I hope that answers your question. I would also like to invite you to join us for what we call "T Stands For Tuesday" anytime in the future.