Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Tiny Angel" – Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)
This week’s Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Tiny Angel."

I did a search on this and discovered it was a somber theme about the loss of a child. Instead of using the poem that Victoria uses when she makes pieces with this theme, I used words from a bereavement poem by Mary Frye.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.8.

The images are from a DuckDuckGo search.

The font is Courier New

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

Mary Frye (1932)

4 comments:

Martina said...

Terrific postcard, beautifully created!

Deann said...

Your Angel is beautiful and I love that poem it is so touching.
I hope you have a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

johanna said...

somber text, but very touching... great postcard, love the angel.

Victoria said...

oh such a lovely card and a beautiful poem!