Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, December 9, 2013

Black Swan - Photographs

 © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved

I went back to the Reservoir in Easton, CT yesterday and got more photographs of this beautiful Black Swan that has joined a group of Mute Swans. Thanks to fellow bird lovers from around the world, who left comments on my previous posts of photos of this bird, I learned it is not a native species in the United States. After doing a little research, I discovered that people in this country clip the wings of Black Swans, to keep them as exotic pets. I notified an official about the presence of this bird and my concern for its safety once the water freezes, because it would be unable to fly away from predators. He told me they had already seen it, determined it did indeed have clipped wings, and they had notified a rescue group, which will capture and relocate it to a safe haven.

The first photo is my entry for the following:

I'd Rather Be Birding
Saturday's Critters #1

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so glad it will be tended to and given a warm shelter (hopefully if caught)

Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, be still my heart. What a glorious series of swan photos. I do so love these elegant, graceful birds. You're so luck to have them nearby. We don't have 'em here.

eileeninmd said...

The Black Swans are pretty. So it is an escapee, neat sighting. Thanks for linking up to my 1st Saturday's Critters. Have a happy day!

Unknown said...

What a beauty! We don't have them here. They always seem so special to me.

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful elegant bird and wonderful photos!

NatureFootstep said...

what a lovely bird it is. Nice captures.